Glock 26 & 17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Weleeone, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Weleeone

Weleeone

Greetings;
    I need some help, in the total DUMB S**T department, I was cleaning my Glock 26 and my Glock 17. Always curious, I wanted to see how far out of the Glock 26 frame and slide the Glock 17 barrel would extend. Sooo I place the #17 barrel in the #26 slide with the #26 spring and put the weapon back togeather. The barrel sticks out an inch and a quarter from the front of the side (I should have stopped there).
    Once back on the weapon (#26), the slide will not go all the way forward, about 1/4 of an inch short.

But the main problem is I can not remove the slide to disassemble the weapon. The triger can be pulled, but it does not clik. Even when I jack the slide and hold the triger back, the slide release will not disengage.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Lee

2. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

You should try removing the backplate off the slide and pulling the stryker and all associated parts out...

That may just get you out of your jam! Careful use of a jeweler's screwdriver should allow you to remove the backplate without leaving too many marks on the backplate. If you do mark it up, it's only cosmetic (backplates are replaceable - so don't mark up the back of the SLIDE!!!).

HTH -

PS - Don't do it again... (grin)

3. Weleeone

Weleeone

WOW....
    Thats was fast, I got a reply in under an hour and it worked. Again thanks for the help.

Lee