close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 26 12 round mags

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by John Dorsey, Aug 8, 2004.

1. John Dorsey

John Dorsey John Dorsey

If/when the weapon ban sunsets, will Glock 26 mags be 12 rounders that fit flush like the standard magazines that come with the G26?

Or will they be a standard 10 round G26 mag with a plus 2 attached?

John

2. One-Of-Each

One-Of-Each

John, a number of postings in the Sub Club. Looks as if +2 extensions are the current solution. However , one thread has a link for 11 round mags, without extensions. One in the pipe would get you 12 rounds.
    Gene

3. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

I don't believe the flush mags will be 12 rounds. My dad is in the FBI and his mags for his G26 were 10 rounders. I don't know why that would be if they were making them 12 rounders.

4. Baudler

Baudler I want nachos!!

I can fit 11 rounds in each of my magazines. (3) And then one in the pipe. It is a very tight fit, but they fit. Granted, it took a few months to get that extra round in there. And the gun works perfectly, everytime.

5. Brooklyn South

Brooklyn South

I saw a post recently that pointed to the sale of some LEO marked G26 magazines with two round extensions. I didn't know that Glock made such magazines.

I have seen the order form that LEOs can use to order guns from Glock. The G26/27/33s were shipped with two civilian magazines (nine or 10 rounds), while all of the other models were shipped with three LEO mags, if the required letterhead certification was included with the order.

I have thought about the difference in size between the G17, G19, & G26 original capacity magazines. FWIW, I speculated that the G26 magazine could/should have been able to hold more than 10 rounds, maybe two or three rounds down from the 15 in a G19 for 12. The current 10 round capacity may have just been more workable for them during the ban.

If nothing else, I imagine that Glock will be selling the +2 floorplate kits after the ban expires, if the will not sell them now.

Good shooting!
    :) :) :) :)

6. jimco

jimco Millennium Member

You can buy them now (for the G17/G19--they're the same). You just can't legally install them (i.e., modify your ten-rounders) before the ban expires.

7. Blah!

Blah! Guest

8. AR15Fan

AR15Fan

9. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

I'm betting that the fourmag ad is a typo.

10. AR15Fan

AR15Fan

CDNN also advertises 11 rnd LEO Glock 26. It's certainly possible they both have typos in their ads.

11. Blah!

Blah! Guest

12. Erich

Erich Millennium Member

IIRC, when the 26/27 first came out, American Rifleman referred to the G-26 as a 12-shot for LEOs with standard mags . . . which would lead me to believe that it should be an 11-round flush-fit. I no longer have the article.