close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 25?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by LINKz, Apr 22, 2012.

1. LINKz

LINKz

I forget sometimes that Glock makes a .380. What is the reason behind only offering it to law enforcement? Maybe its the fact that I can't have one that makes me want one, but it seems as though there would be a large enough demand for them. Can someone fill me in?

2. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded

3. LINKz

LINKz

Couldn't get the search to work for me? Thanks though, all the information I wanted is in that one. The point system is an interesting, had never heard of it before.

4. LINKz

LINKz

Say a police department ordered a bunch, and later down the road decided to scrap them, and you had a buddy in the force who was willing to sell you his... or any other hypothetical situation that got them into the states and then into your possesion.. Would it be legal for you, as a civilian, to own?

5. Fragman

Fragman

Don't really see a police department buying 'a bunch' as they are the same size as the equivalent 9/40/357.

Their purpose is really for those markets where the 9mm Luger is not legal for civilians. Not much point for them here other than the novelty factor, and if they were legal, then there would not be a novelty factor if you get my drift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  6. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

They can sold to and owned by anybody. They can't be imported "for the purpose" of selling to the public. Once they are in the country, anybody can buy them. With the finger grooves and the "thumb rests" on the newer models the Glock 25 might make enough points with adjustable sights. There just isn't a market for it. The 2nd generation Glocks had no finger grooves and no thumb rests and the Glock 25 didn't make enough points. The Glock 28 is even smaller. Every once in a while I do see the 380 Glock parts for sale where you could assemble one on a 9 mm frame if you had all of the parts. If Glock wanted to they could just import the parts and put them on American-made frames. So there is more to it than just the making enough points. Taurus used to import their 5 shot revolvers with three inch barrels and install 2 inch barrels in the US. Glock imported their Austian-made Glocks with adjustable sights to make them importable. The sights were very fragile and only meant to get the pistols into the US. Glock would change many of them to fixed sights after importing them.

7. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

The 2012 annual indicates the 28 is available to LE AGENCIES in the US. I don't know if the same thing applies to the 25.

8. PAGunner

PAGunner

While the whole points requirements is stupid and IMO shouldn't exist, honestly if these were available, who in their right mind would actually buy one? .380 is a garbage caliber, reliability would likely be decreased and it's more expensive than 9mm. It simply doesn't make sense on any level that these pistols are ever made available in the US, and I will not ever lose a wink of sleep thinking about it either.

If I was offered a G25 for free, I think I'd probably pass on the offer.

9. ijacek

ijacek

Glock collectors :supergrin:

10. Michael9418

Michael9418

I'll agree you'll have better luck throwing it.

If you view life at 50 the same way you did at 25 you have wasted 25 years of your life. Mohammad Ali

11. Cambo

Cambo

I would like to know why LE is exempt from the BATF points system though. Are .380 Glocks too dangerous for civilians, but not cops?

12. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

So why can they have new fully automatic weapons and civilians cannot? Because the government says that they can and we cannot. :faint:

It's that simple. :whistling:

13. LINKz

LINKz

Well, I will safely assume that no one on these boards carries a .380 for defense.

14. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Well.. :embarassed: I have to admit that I pocket-carry a KT P32 when I can't carry my Glock 27 on me. There is a HUGE size difference between those 2 (but none between a G25 and a G27, so the G27 would win between those 2).

15. u n v kenny

u n v kenny

I don't think that's how it would work anyways. The said LE agency would more than likely make a deal with Glock and exchange some monies in return on the firearms to help out with budgets.

At least that's what my department did when they went from the G17 to the G22.

16. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Did they provide you the opportunity to buy your old guns? Everytime we have switched, we have been offered the opportunity to buy our old duty guns. I regret not getting the 5906 I was issued as my first duty gun.:crying:

ETA- if anyone runs across a 5906 with serial number TCZ 7623, ....

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  17. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Collectors, recoil sensitive people?
    Opinion?
    Supposition?
    FACT!

18. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The 15 round G25 is the exact same size as a G19. It is made for countries like Mexico that do not allow civilians or law enforcement officers to own Military calibers. Several European and South American countries have that stupid restriction.

Now, do you really want a 380 the size of a G19? 9mm ammo is both cheaper and more powerful than 380. Due to the blowback design of the G25, recoil is about the same as a G19 using cheap Federal Champion 115-gr fmj ammo.

The G28 is the exact same size/capacity as a G26.

19. C0untZer0

C0untZer0

Yes I do want a Glock 25

I also want a pair of the IMBEL 380 pistols (1911 chambered for 380 ACP)

Working on getting my Brazilian citizenship...

20. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

.380 is just... blah! I prefer Luger's version of the .35 cal, they can keep Kurtz for all I care.