close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 24 vs. Glock 35

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rauchman, Dec 17, 2002.

1. rauchman

rauchman

Greetings all,

Had a really really good shooting experience this past weekend. I had picked up a new FN High Power and a CZ 75B SA 40. Went to the range to go test them out, by the way the CZ is a hell of a pistol for the money. Very Very Very accurate! Anyway, there were a couple of guys in the port next to me with a Glock 19 and a Glock 24. The guy with the 24 let me shoot a few rounds through it and I fell in love. I personally think I got really lucky but I was able to do a 1/2" group at 15 yards (taking the overall size of the group and then subtracting the .40" diameter of the bullet). Again, I think it was more of a fluke than anything, but the gun allowed me to be amazingly consistent on it. So..................how does the Glock 35 compare to the Glock 24? I understand the 24 is no longer made and the 35 is the closest thing to the 24. If that's the case, is shooting the 35 just like shooting the 24?

2. Guest

Never shot a 24, but I have a 35, and it rocks! ;f I shoot it better than I do my G22. Have heard some say the 24 barrel is 'whippy', but I have no personal experience (dang, almost sounded like a democRat ;g

Steve

3. BKD in Texas

BKD in Texas Millennium Member

Have owned multiple copies of both.

Glock 24 - slide cycles slow, more recoil because of slide mass. When I'm "IN THE GROOVE" I can actually watch the 24 slide cycle as I shoot. No 24 I owned was as accurate as either of the two 35's I currently own.

Glock 35 - everything that's good about the 22 but better. Fast shooting/cycling, most accurate Glocks I own. My second 35 will shoot 1.5" at 25 yards off a good benchrest with Winchester factory white box. (First 35 was a dog accuracy wise...traded it, but have since gotten two more).

All that said, I love the 24 and will be looking for another. My two 35's will NOT leave my possesion however. One of my 35's is now running a KKM Glock 24 barrel! I just like the 24 longslide for some reason.

Get what you like the best first, be it 24 or 35, then get the other!

Take Care,
    BKD

4. rauchman

rauchman

BKD in Texas,

Thank you. That's the type of info I was looking for.

5. Zombie Defense

Zombie Defense Pow pow

I have the 24C and had the 35 and my 24C was more accurate than my 35 and the ports made follow up shots even better. I sold my 35 and kept the 24C.

6. Falkov

Falkov

Yes, the G24 felt slow when shooting. On the other hand, I can shoot a G27 much, much better and more accurate- faster cycle.

Now, I don't really see the reason for G35 other than just wanting it.

7. Oosik

Oosik AT?AVT?AET?WTF?

isn't that reason enuff

8. Zombie Defense

Zombie Defense Pow pow

;Q

9. Falkov

Falkov

Try explaining that to my boss of the house that I just want it. Her glance will just give me a chill.

On the other hands, if it is a special event, she doesn't mind buying it for me though (that's how I got both of my Glocks) as long as she likes it too. And, she thinks G24/G27 is a good enough complimental package.

10. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

The 24 was designed for those that compete in sports like IPSC, unfortunately it cannot be used in IDPA since its OAL is a little longer that what the IDPA box allows.