close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 24 vs 35

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by g29newbie, Sep 19, 2003.

1. g29newbie

g29newbie

Hi looking at getting a competition Glock, either the 24 or 35. Any one with any experience. The 24 is classified as competiton and the 35 as practical tactical? The barrel and slide are a bit longer on the 24. Does anyone know if they both have the mounting rails on the frame. I know the 35 does, but what about the 24? Any opnions / advice appreciated.
    Steve

2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

what are you going to shoot? the G35 is made to fit within the "box". i just bought a unfired G24 from a GT member that is a 3rd gen frame. you may want to find one which balances better for you. the G24 is a little nose heavy.

3. g29newbie

g29newbie

Will shoot steel plates, also will be keeping it around the store for defense. P.S I have a G29,G27 &G23, so something to fill the void.

4. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    Well, the G23 is about my favorite Glock.......

I have a 2nd Gen G24, which was advertised as "competition" with folks hinting strongly towards "tactical" back then. It also fit the old box.

Back then, some folks did well in competition with the 17L (same frame as the G24). Then the "box" was made smaller & just big enough for a 1911. I don't know if these two events are related, but then Glock came out with the G35 size pistol, which fits in the "new' box. Hmmmm.....;g
    Anyway, both are great pistols. I'd buy whichever I wanted and not worry about it. ;c