close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 23c for everyday carry

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Callcthulu, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Callcthulu

Callcthulu

I was just wondering everyone's opinion on a glock 23c for everyday carry. I just recently pick one up I normally carry my glock 30 but thought I might change up a little.

Thanks
    C

2. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

The thinner frame would be nicer for carry, in my opinion.

3. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

I agree with Steve.
    The thinner frame is nice.
    I don't know about the 23C, but I have carried a G23 for several years. I have 4 Glocks, and 3 1911's but the 23 is what I carry day in and day out. Even down here in Florida. I sunburn Very easily, so I always have a shirt on and have no problem keeping the 23 under cover.:cool:
    74 degrees and clear Today. ;)

Rusty;c

4. Steve Koski

Dayum!

5. Callcthulu

Callcthulu

Thanks guys nice weather there it should get up to the 70's tomorrow here too.

later
    c

6. Heavy "J"

Heavy "J"

Heck why not, 23 is a great gun.

7. Glockmeister40

Glockmeister40 OAF Newbie

The only problem that I could possibly see with the G23C for a carry gun is the muzzle flash in low light conditions and that is the majority of times that bad stuff will happen . That said I really like the G23 myself it is a nice sized weapon for carry

8. grecco

grecco

do a search of "grecco"
    on general glocking,
    i have a few video's and pics posted of 23c being fired at night.

9. Steve Koski

I test fired a G23 and 23C side by side in dusk and dark. The flash was larger on the 23C, but wasn't dramatically worse from the shooter's perspective. I'd carry one at night.

10. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

I opt for a 23 proper but would gladly carry a 23C if I were to come across one at a good price. Both are proficient weapons in the proper hands.

11. jbremount

jbremount

I have a glock 23 that I had magna-ported so it is very similar to the glock 23c. I have fired it at night using premium self defense ammo and the flash was a non issue. The winchester white box target ammo does produce more flash. The ports do work and keep the muzzle down and allow for faster recovery shots. I really like shooting this gun with the ports. Be advisee, under no circustances should you have the ports pointing into your face/eyes while firing.

12. D.S.Brown

D.S.Brown Millennium Member

For those of you stating that shooting a G23C at night is not in issue as far as muzzle flash I must ask that you stop. It is much easier to believe that one will be instantly blinded by the Hiroshima like fireball eminating from the ports. You dispell the notion that the C model Glocks are not viable self defense weapons when you provide proof, either through actual shooting experience and or picture/video. It is far better to believe that permanent blindness and near instant disintergration await those foolhardy souls that would attempt such a hazardous course. Remember these are the same people that sail past the horizon believing the Earth is round. Puh-lease!

So in the future, please limit discussion of the C model defensive viability only in terms of unsubstantiated emotion and opinion. No factual based knowledge should be used. Thank You.

Best,
    Dave

13. Steve Koski

Dave - Huh? What's your point in plain english? I may be missing your sarcasm.

14. Glockmeister40

Glockmeister40 OAF Newbie

I knew that some people would disagree with me when I posted that but I firmly believe that in a self defense situation I do not want ANYTHING interfering with my train of thought and surely not anything I have the control over as in my choice of a carry gun! but hey it is your life defend it as you see fit. for me I do not want ANY of the muzzle flash being directed at my front sights.

15. D.S.Brown

D.S.Brown Millennium Member

Steve,

My post is drowning in sarcasm. I plan to add a G23C to the line-up in my sig line, and just like every handgun there it will go into the concealed carry rotation, ported barrel and all.

Best,
    Dave

16. Callcthulu

Callcthulu

I just try the G23c at night with 180g federal hydra-shok, the flash was a none issue and my coke bottle target was dancing pretty good. I also got a fobus iwb holster that works realy well. I don't know if it can full replace my g30 as a carry but it certianly will get rotated for a while like dave does.

C

17. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

Callcthulu
    Just noticed your location.
    I lived in, Cullman Al, before I moved to Florida.
    My wife used to "perform" at "The Looneys Amphitheater" in Winston County.
    I bought my first Glock, it was a 23, at Larrys in Huntsville.
    Small world.
    Can't go wrong with a 23. A friend has a 21c, the only problem he has is the blow by covers the front sight with soot. When he shoots Pins with it he has to clean the sight between rounds. Small problem but it does occure. I guess if he shoot a cleaner burning powder he wouldn't have that problem.
    Have Fun, Keep on Shootin.

Rusty