close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 23

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by plastic23, Oct 5, 2003.

1. plastic23

plastic23

I was at a gun show yesterday and came across a table run by two former Glock employees. During our conversation, they showed me a 2nd gen G23 (no rails or finger grooves)that had metal reinforcements in the frame to allow shooting.357sig rounds. They told me there are only about 1000 of these G23's out there. Anyone else here of this or have one of these glocks?

2. Eagles1181

Eagles1181 Flying High

Don't know about the reinforcement, but I know of plenty of people who shoot .357 sig in their G23. All it really takes is a new barrel. Also I did not see any metal reinforment in the G32 (G23 in .357 sig) I looked at recently. I think they were trying to run up the price of the gun or they were trying to hurt Glock's name some how. I could be wrong, but...

Eagle

3. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

I have two friends that have them. They bought them about the same time. For those who don't like the FGs, they would be the cat's meow.

4. NYSOM@42

NYSOM@42 The King !

NOPE;g

5. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    From what my feeble old brain remembers, the third gen frames (finger grooves) have the strength upgrade needed for the .357 Sig rounds. And this upgrade was actually started with the end of the second gen frames (checkered grips and no finger grooves). There is a serial number listing somewhere in this forum that tells you which serial numbers of the second gen frames are good to go with a .357 Sig conversion. ;c