close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 23

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by althor, Jan 13, 2003.

1. althor

althor The Gryphon

I currently own a G17, but recently got my CCW and have considered the purchase of a G23. Particularly appealing to me is the ability to switch barrels w/G32. If I wanted to be able to use either caliber would I be better off getting the model 23 or the model 32. I am unfamiliar with any differences between the two frames?

thanks!
    Althor:)

2. crnama

crnama CLM

Nope no problem at all. You just have to switch the barrels. The frames are not any different, just depends on what you want the slide to say 40 or 357.

3. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    I was told we can swap .40/.357 same length barrels between the 3rd Gen frames. I didn't specifically ask about swapping longer barrels...

I happen to like the G23 for it's handiness.

Edited: The Glock Folks said the new Gen 3 M23's can handle a .357 barrel swap, but that I should not try this with my older Gen 2 M23.

;c

4. althor

althor The Gryphon

Thanks for the help guys!

:cool:

5. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

If you get the a new 23 or 32 there should be no problems swapping barrels in the two. If getting an older one (like 2nd gen) I'd call Glock with the serial number and ask them. I remember having a number of conversations with people stating that originally the frames for the 32 were being built stronger than the 23 frames cause of the .357sig round. Don't have a clue other than that. To me it seems like its the same frame made of the same polymer so what is the big deal? But it could have just been a bunch of bull pucky too.

Also, the question about the longer barrels, can do the 23/32 barrel into the 27/33, and the 24/35 in the 22/31, but for some reason can't do the 22/31 in the 23/32 with the Glock barrels. For all I know might be possible with aftermarket barrels. It was explained to me at one point but I never did understand it then and still don't. Maybe someone one else can explain it.

Hopefully the info I provided is accurate and I appologize if I'm wrong on any of it. Its just what I have understood about the Glocks. :) Hope it helps. ;I