Glock 23 trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by thenry83, Nov 25, 2003.

1. thenry83

thenry83

Before I get started let me state that I'm a newbie so please don't be too rough on for asking a question that I'm sure has been asked 10,000 times here.

I have a Glock 23 and I've found that the trigger pull is really excessive for my taste. What needs to be replaced in order to reduce the trigger travel by roughly half and still keep the trigger safety operational?

2. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Nothing you can do to lessen the takeup and still have the striker safety work; however, the Ghost Rocket connector will tame the overtravel. When you fire the first shot, stage the trigger until resistance is felt, then squeeze through. Hold the trigger back and slowly release it, until you feel/hear the reset. Don't let the trigger go any farther forward. Fire second and subsequent shots from the reset position.

I also use a 3.5# connector and polish everything that oves in the firing mechanism.

3. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

Unfortunately, the only real answer is to trade your glock in on a 1911 type design. The Glock trigger is designed to pull its striker back to full cock before releasing it. Therefore, there is little that can be done to reduce the overall amount of trigger travel. It is possible to reduce the amount of trigger pull weight and make that pull smoother by installing a 3.5 pound connector and then carefully polishing any friction points. It's also possible to install either an aftermarket trigger (with an overtravel limiting setscrew) or a Ghost Rocket connector to limit your Glock's trigger overtravel beyond the point where the striker is released. Otherwise, the Glock trigger is what it is. While a lot of folks (including me) use their Glock pistols for target shooting, that was not what they were designed for.

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

If you take pretravel/takeup out of the gun you disable the safeties.