close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 23 to a Glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cgjane, Feb 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cgjane

cgjane

So I have G23C and I am currently consolidating my armory to just the glock family and a single caliber.

I have decided to stick with 9mm and just traded a rifle for a g17.

I already have the Lone Wolf Barrel 40-9 for for the g23. But I would not trust my life on it. I would rather have a factory g19 barrel.

Is it as easy as buying a factory G19 barrel dropping it in just like the lonewolf?

I want a g19, but I am looking to TOTALLY convert a g23 into a G19 first.

This way all my mags (distributed around my house) will work on all my guns.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. zeke66

zeke66

I don't know the answer to your question about the factory barrel.

Why don't you just throw the LW barrel and a 9MM mag in your 23, shoot the heck out of it and if it proves to be reliable, call it good?

3. Dingus

Dingus

The smaller diameter factory G19 barrel will move around in the slide, causing undue barrel and slide wear. Accuracy would border on horrible. Use a conversion barrel and change the ejector, extractor and spring loaded bearing. Better yet, trade your G23 for a G19.

4. cgjane

cgjane

Isnt it logical that a g19 barrel will drop in just like the Lonewolf?

I am tempted to purchase a g19 barrel from Topglock to try it out.

EDIT:

Thanks Dingus.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  5. automan

automan

No, because the 40 to 9 LW conversion barrel's outside dimensions are larger than a G19s barrel to accommodate the wider breech face of the 40. The internal dimensions of the barrel are the same as for a 9mm.

6. James Dean

James Dean

I was thinking a long the same line as you untill I started to price out ammo online. I have 4 Glocks I want a G17, G19 G22. and G23. I would keep the G23 if I were you and pick up a G19. Right now I can find more .40 ammo than 9MM I have since thought it over again and I will go with 9MM and .40. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket with just 9MM

7. Mako72401

Mako72401

I believe there is also an issue with the slide and a 9mm working at the breach face. I always understood the conversion barrels to work by holding the 9mm round slightly offset to ensure complete engagement with the extractor. So even if the stock G19 barrel had the same outside dimensions as a G23, would the 9mm round feed reliable with a .40 breech face?

I have a 22, 23, and 27. would like to add a 35 to the family to round out the .40 pistols, and then start getting the 9mm models, probably starting with a 19 and 26.