close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 23 sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CBennett, Jan 15, 2007.

1. CBennett

CBennett

Ok guys I have a Glock 23 I bought it with the XS Big dot sights on it

article on the sight thats on it if your not familiar

http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?id=27580&siteSection=21

While its good for "Duty" carry and getting quickly on target I want a more "traditional" sight for the 23. I am shooting in a league(or actually looking into shooting in one) and shoot out to 25 yards..the XS I can't barely even see the center mass at 25 :) cause of the big front sight. plus im more used to a normal 3 dot type allignment. The sights DO NOT have to be night sights. And expense(meaning cheaper is better) is a thought for me. I had been told just go back to the "stock/factory" Glock sight but I tried that out by looking at the sight picture and just dont like that set up.

2. Fredman

Fredman Scallywag

I've got Meps on my G23 that I'm very happy with. The only thing I'd change is to go with different color front & rear, mine are both green. I'd (now) go with orange front and green rear.

3. jstforme

jstforme

are you asking for opinions? i have warren tactical, i like them a lot

4. CBennett

CBennett

Yes i definately want oppinions on what a good inexpensive 3 dot or "traditional" sight choice for my Glock 23 for range shooting mostly.

5. pevadijk

pevadijk

Ameriglo offers a lot of opions and they have decent prices.

6. Cyrusx75

Cyrusx75

Ameriglo Operator sights. Very nice 3 dot system in a combination of colors. The Operators only have a white ring around the front sight seems to help allot of people concentrate on the front sight more. They are nice.

7. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

I think what you practice with at the range should be what you use to defend your life with. I had a pair of Big Dots on my G32 and wasn't real good with them at targets farther out. And if I couldn't accurately hit paper or steel plates past 10 yards with them, I sure wasn't going to hit a human threat that far out either.

So I went w/ Mep's and been happy ever since.:supergrin:

8. Bigolegoodin

Bigolegoodin

CBennett-

Take a look at the Heinie Straight Eight night sights. I really like the look of the two dot system, as they put the normal one dot on the front sight and one on the rear that lines up vertically (one over the other w/o trying to align one between two). The rear dot is just below the U-notch. I haven't tried them yet, but have used all the rest (Trijicon, Meprolight, & PT=Junk). I have recently purchased an original Heinie rear sight (black) in combination with a Dawson front fiber optic on my G21 for general shooting, as my PT's (Practical Tactical) became very low powered early on and PT never responded to emails, snail mail, or phone calls. Take a look at the Heinie site!

http://www.heinie.com/slanteight.htm

I actually just reread your original post and noticed that you were looking for a more traditional sight. The Heinie original sight has very well executed horizontal lines (fine) and a dull finish that reduce any reflected light to a minimum. The Heinie would be great, but are even better with the Dawson FO front. The red FO on mine appears to be battery powered in all but the lowest light. I believe that they have a free replacement guarantee if ever damaged-I'll look at my paperwork. Dawson also makes a specific front sight for other makers rear sight (i.e., Bomar, Heinie, Novak).

http://www.dawsonprecision.com

9. tanto trader

tanto trader

I agree with this 100% I have them on my G19 Chris

10. Gordov2

Gordov2

I have had the TruGlo TFO's on my Glock 23 for 2 months now and they're by far the best sights I've ever used.... for every shooting situation.

11. Ducati Monster

Ducati Monster Dismembered

+1 Very sharp.