glock 23 reliability issues with FA 357 sig barrel

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kahrk9, Nov 10, 2002.

1. kahrk9

kahrk9

My new Federal Arms barrel for my glock 23 in 357 was not very encouraging. Half of the rounds nosedived into the feed ramp. I polished the ramp to a mirror finish over the weekend. If that does not solve the problem I may purchase some glock 32 mags.

Any advice? Any similar experiences?

Richard

P.S. I was not impressed with the supposed muzzle blast & recoil of this round. I was shooting PMC 357 sig FMJ & it was like shooting 9mm in my opinion.

2. Gary G23

Gary G23

If it were me I would get a genuine Glock G32 barrel. But I have to admit, my G32 wouldn't work with G23 mags. I had to buy the G32 mags to get it to work.

3. 357glocker

357glocker

I had a similar experience with my G31. I purchased a FA 40 barrel and it would not feed the rounds into the chamber reliably. I don't see the need to shoot 40 anymore when I can shoot the 357 sig! Ammo from georgia arms is the same price.

4. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

Always try to stay with a factory barrel unless you are just using it as a range gun.
    I have heard to many up and downs with aftermarket barrels.

I would check to see if it has the problem with other mags.
    Then I would try diffrent ammo.
    Speer lawman is pretty nice.

You may also want to get the .357 sig follower for your mags.

5. tjpet

tjpet

Dropped a FA .357 barrel into a 23 a while back. Shoots accurately and dependably whether using 23 or 32 mags.

6. Captain

Captain

I have been using a FA 357 barrel in my 23 for about 6 weeks now. I haven't had even a small problem with it. It's very accurate and feeds everything from American Eagle ball to CorBon 115s with ease. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anybody. And I use all G23 mags, hi caps and 10 rounders.

7. Swanny

Swanny Raconteur

I have not had good luck using .40 mags in my G31. Basically, I've had the same problems that you outlined above. My suggestion is using G32 mags and see if that rectifies your problems.

8. kahrk9

kahrk9

I was at the range yesterday & got to fire a few rounds of 357 sig in my FA 357 barrel after I polished the feed ramp. Everything was ok. Before I would feel comfortable CCW with this I would want G32 mags & a lot of my carry load fired down range.

Rich