Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a glock 23 and it fires without a problem, but when I shake the pistol I hear a weird rattling sound inside the mechanism in the "needle" section. Is this normal or do I need to visit a gunsmith?

Thanks for any help.

·
aSun666
1,594 Posts
Normal if you have just dry fired your weapon. That noise is the firing pin.

·
Premium Member
42,134 Posts
.... That noise is the firing pin.
If you DO NOT hear that sound following a dry fire,.... you have problems.
Sounds like it's all good for your G23.

:welcome:
Glad you could join us on GT!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I just tryed to "dry" lock it and the funny sound dissapears. I didn't know this because I usually carry the gun arround dry fired for safety reasons. Otherwise, after 200 bullets fired, I'm more than satisfied with my glock.

Yesterday me and my brother joined a local competition "target shoting" and we both won trophies for 1. and 3. place with this gun. I didn't really think that compact glock can compete with target pistols untill yesterday. Can the accuracy be similar to full sized glock?

·
2,951 Posts
Thanks, I just tryed to "dry" lock it and the funny sound dissapears. I didn't know this because I usually carry the gun arround dry fired for safety reasons. Otherwise, after 200 bullets fired, I'm more than satisfied with my glock.

Yesterday me and my brother joined a local competition "target shoting" and we both won trophies for 1. and 3. place with this gun. I didn't really think that compact glock can compete with target pistols untill yesterday. Can the accuracy be similar to full sized glock?

its all in the shooter. Even though the full sizes are slightly more accurate, some people shoot their sub-compacts better than their compact and full size glocks. and yes the sound is normal as the others have stated.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
If you DO NOT hear that sound following a dry fire,.... you have problems.
Sounds like it's all good for your G23.

:welcome:
Glad you could join us on GT!
Beat me 2 it.....
yes this is fine...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts