close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 23 questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by safarihunter, May 21, 2003.

1. safarihunter

safarihunter

I just got back from the range. I purchased a Bar-Sto barrel for my 23 so I can practice with lead bullets.

In shooting the pistol with the factory barrel I was using Fiocchi 180 ball and Fiocchi 180 HP. I noticed what I would cal an extended primer mark or groove on primer from fired rounds.

I switched to Bar-Sto barrel and same thing occured. My lead loads, 155 gr over mid load with Unique shows a normal primer hit. Any ideas?

Also with the Bar-Sto barrel, I was getting failure to feed with lead about every 5th round. bullet hits top of barrel hood and hangs up. a couple of times the round slowly chambered. Happened a few times with the jacketed ammo. Does the barrel just need some shooting in?

Also noticed that with the lead loads, brass is extracted and flies about 6 ft at 90 degrees to the right, the 180 fmj extracts straight up over my head and the 180 HP extracts forward about 45 degrees and about 10 ft.

Apperciate any help or solutions.

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Fiocchi 40 is loaded rather hot and the primers take more abuse leaving an imprint of the breachface. The different loads will account for different ejection paths to a point.

Make sure your slide is fully cycleing, that may be causing the feed jam.