GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
NRA Benefactor Life Member
3,355 Posts
"I've never had any of my G-19s or 23s fail. Ever. Is that the answer right there? Beautiful SIG 229 but my life relies on Glock? Thanks."

That's your answer right there. The Glock has not only reliability, but total simplicity going for it, and is instinctive to operate under stress and your first shot will be the same as the last and quite often the first shot is the most important one.

The Sig P-series are very nice guns but they're heavier and bulkier than a Glock and the only one I would ever carry would have to be SAO that could be carried cocked and locked.
Yup
G23

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
relewpolar wrote:

"Also, in every case, the Glocks without exception carry better (I’m talking P-series Sigs btw, no experience with their striker line). I’ve never been able to carry a P-series Sig completely comfortably but I keep trying because they are such great shooters."

I agree with you about the Glocks carrying better, however I do have a SIG SP2340 which was SIG's first entry into the polymer frames and while it is a lighter version of the P line there still is the issue with the size of it vs. a Glock 23. The 2340 comes in at 30 oz while the G23 comes in at 24 oz, so still heavier but not as heavy. Darn thing is a great shooter.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
... What would you folks do? I've never had any of my G-19s or 23s fail. Ever. Is that the answer right there?
Glock Perfection. They keep on working and the only problems I know about is ones that were operator induced.

·
In Omnia Paratus.
861 Posts
My 229 Elite and my 226 Tac Ops both run great. I mean really great. I've had probably 3 23s. They are very good guns as well.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts