Glock 23 or Sig 229 .40??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by freedom1968, Aug 29, 2005.

Tags:
  1. freedom1968

freedom1968

I by no means want to start any trouble...just want to know which is built better/parts life and for carrying concealed.
    I know there is a huge price difference but pound for pound which is more reliable/durable used under the same care and circumstances. I have a G32 in 357 Sig and really like it....but always wanted a SIG in .40....I probably can't go wrong either way.....just wanted to ask those with experience.
    Thanks.;)

2. rddiehl

rddiehl

Have them both and would not part with either one of them. But the Glock is easier to conceal, but it my book the 229 shots better. I just picked up a 229SAS and love this thing a lot, just waiting on my milt sparks versa max 2 to come in for it. I carry a glock 30 all the time and the 229SAS is only a little bigger than the glock 30, plus the trigger on that sig is awesome. Bottom like for me save the money and get em both. Sorry i am not much help.

3. RugerFan58

RugerFan58

I went into the local gun shop to buy a Sig and came out with the G23. Weight was a big issue with me. The Glock was alot lighter. You'll like either one, BOTH of them are fine. ;c

4. smpos

smpos

I find it interesting that everyone else does not have the same problem I do, or maybe that I have the following problem. The glock and sig are very different in terms of funtion.

The glocks grip angle does not point naturally for me, it points high. The sig points much better for me but the slide release is in the wrong place. I shoot the dak version for several reasons one of which is not having to become accustomed to the placement of the decock lever (wrong place?).

Besides simple size and weight issues I find that having carried a g19 for a while that I perform better with the sig. Shooting in IDPA and not simply target shooting I find the above differences to be pretty big.

How does everyone else shoot these two so interchangeably, especially as a ccw.

5. freedom1968

freedom1968

Thank you all for your responses....lots of info to consider!

6. Da Law

Da Law Carpetbagger

I have both and like the Glock better. Lighter, smaller and mags are cheaper. Both are great shooters but again I like the Glock because it does not have the high bore axis the Sig does, no double action first shot and it feels more natural in my hand.

I have fired ALOT more rounds through my Sig though (as it is my issued duty weapon) and I can honestly say it has NEVER jammed and is very accurate.

Weigh your options but see if you can't get to a range and rent/borrow the weapons for yourself and make your own call.