Glock 23 or H&K USP Compact in 40 S&W

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by Kahr Fan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. GlockViking

GlockViking

Does a loaded make the slide release stick out a bit more? With the unloaded versions I have handled, the release seems so small.

It seems like something along the lines of the Glock extended slide release would be nice.

2. pjcolorado

pjcolorado

So I was at the lgs today and traded some guns I havent used forever for a newer HK. I traded my used Glock 30 gen 3 with 3 extended magazines that had a lot of use and a used XD 45 ACP with 3 13 round mags and night sights. I got them both a while back at the local police supply store for cheap as trade ins. I wound up trading them straight accross for a used but never fired HK USP 40 compact. It was the gun store owners gun that he had but it sat in his safe and he never used it. It came with new nite sights, 3 10 round magazines LEM trigger and box. He then threw in an extra new magazine in the package and a Blackhawk kydex double mag belt holder. Do you guys think I got a good deal? The Glocks finish was pretty worn and the XD had some lite rust on it when I got it that I had to clean. I just never cared for the XD and I've had several XD's in the past. I've just always been a Glock and HK guy. I do still have 4 Glocks right now though. 21, 22, 27, and Gen 4 23. I also already have an HK USP 40 full sized and USP 45 compact.

Last edited: May 7, 2014

3. barth

barth

"traded some guns I havent used forever for a newer HK."
    I've got six HKs and one Glock.
    The deal sounds fine to me.

4. pjcolorado

pjcolorado

Nice. I'm now at 4 Glocks and 3 HK'S. They had an HK USP tactical 45 with 4 magazines slightly used for $1100. I thought that was pretty high since last year I got the same gun with 5 magazines for $900 but for some reason I sold it thinking I don't really have a lot of use for a tactical pistol. Even though it was really nice it was enormous and the grip was massive. And I just recently sold my P2000 in 40 to my nephew for his job.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  5. ca survivor

ca survivor

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

The Glock will be easier to carry, not by a lot but there is a difference. Can't go wrong with either. For me it would come down to which trigger system you prefer.

7. BelieveNglocK

BelieveNglocK

Both are world class firearms. The HK is nicer, which you pay for, but not any more effective. I love my HK but love my glock too. Its hard to beat glock with all the aftermarket support, plenty of cheap well made mags and simplicity. With that said, i love my new HK VP9.

8. bac1023

bac1023

Simplicity is overrated, in my opinion.

I never once looked at that as a selling point. Not once

9. GRR

GRR

I've owned both. I prefer the G23.

10. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Why don't people apply that to other things? If we applied that logic to automobiles, we'd be driving VW Bugs. :freak:

11. BelieveNglocK

BelieveNglocK

Well, I have learned simplicity to be a good selling point on a glock. After making some upgrades that I personally did and knowing I can fix most anything if it breaks, that's a definite plus in my book. I simply couldn't do that in other guns with my current knowledge. Just my 2 cents.

12. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Sounds like the kind of smart Alec comment I'd make. :supergrin:

Hey, why not. :tongueout:

13. BADOS

BADOS

I have 4 Glocks and 4 HK's. I like them both. Some days I like shooting striker fired and some days I'd rather shoot DA/SA. Honestly, I like both the same. If price is an issue, get the Glock. You won't be disappointed with either.

14. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Bringing TTT ecause it has some great info posts.