close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 23 or 27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by glh1975, Oct 8, 2004.

1. glh1975

glh1975

I was wondering something.A guy I know wants to trade me his G27 for my 23.He mostly wants to because I have the rail on mine and his doesn't and he'd like to put his M6 on it.My question is what do you guys think.Would the 27 be much less accurate than the 23?Also I figured it'd have a little more recoil and be slower to get back on target.I've never really cared for the short grip on the 27 but I guess that's the price you pay to get it that small.

2. Ghetto

Ghetto Still alive

I love my 27 plus I'm a big guy and I have no problems with the grip.

Plus it's very easy to conceal.

3. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker Former Member

4. fiberpig

fiberpig

Keep the 23....I used to swear by my 27, but the grip is short and even though the 27 is smaller, look at the actual size of the two pistols....very little difference. I added a +1 extension to get a better purchace on the pistol...so I had 10 rounds +1. The 23 is only slightly larger, you gain actually 4 more rounds in the mag. +1, and it's just as concealable. I'm waiting for my 23 to come in now....It will be my primary carry piece. You also gain 1/2 inch on barrel length....As a former 27 owner, I say keep the 23. Oh, and I am one of those that carries 24/7 (except when sleeping).

5. fiberpig

fiberpig

It's not really that much smaller when it come down to it....23 is just as easily concealed....Let him trade in the 27 for his own 23.

6. sarge40

sarge40 Huge Member

I've got both. I agree that the concealability of the 27 is only marginal over the 23, if you are IWB. IMHO, the 23 is also more comfortable to shoot and a bit more accurate. I know people who can shoot the 26/27 as well as the 19/23, even without a finger extension. I do however favor the 26/27 when I wear OWB (for comfort) as it prints a bit less due to the smaller grip. Comes down to how you plan on wearing it.

7. magsnubby

magsnubby NRA LIFE MEMBER

I have both a 23 and a 27. The 23 balances better,has more grip to hold on to and just fits my hand better than the 27.

The 27 is a great gun for ccw. Although it can be a handful with the hotter loads.

If i had to choose between the 23 and the 27, the 23 would win hands down.

8. TriMode

TriMode Cranky Member

FWIW I have to qualify every 6 mos. with my duty weapon (g-23)and my back-up (g-27). I can't explain why but I always shoot a tighter group with my 27. I think the accuracy is in the hands of the shooter, i.e. grip, trigger pull, reset, etc... I carry my 27 off-duty in a desantis "stealth" IWB and have come to where I don't notice it and I've never been "made" even in the summer. I don't think you could go wrong with either model though.^c

9. cole

cole Millennium Member

Earlier thoughts to similar post Do a search too.

10. Tooshoos

Tooshoos

I agree.............owned every .40 Glock there is, and the 27 is the most controllable, and accurate.......and, I think it has to do with muzzle flip.....
    The 27 sits closer to the hand, and the shorter tube ilike an extension of the hand.........= more controlabilty.
    At least that's my .02's;a

11. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    I prefer the G23 for all around use. To me, the main advantage of the G27 is ankle carry if you can do it, and with 9 round mags it does print less with OWB and most holsters.

Both are great .40's.

;Y ^c

Here is a G27 with mag extension & a G23:

[​IMG]