Glock 23 night sight issue.

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by Rangerwt, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Rangerwt

Rangerwt

I just wanted to run this by everyone and see what the forum thinks. This past Saturday, I bought a new 23 gen 3. Serial # was SMS*** and test fire date was 3/2/12. This pistol came with factory Glock night sights. I took it home and shot appx. 300 flawless rounds through it. That evening, I noticed that the front sight did not glow. The rear was fine. I talked with my dealer on Monday, and he said he could send it back to Glock, but I told him I really didn't want to go without the gun. So this morning I called Glock and they told me they could not send me a new front night sight because that was a part that they don't send out, they install them. I was also told the turn around would be appx. 4-6 weeks. What do you all think? Does that sound normal? I had a simular situtation on a SIG P229 were it had a rear night sight and a plain white dot on the front. SIG CS sent me a new front night sight, no questions asked. What do you guys recommend? should I just send it back to Glock?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Call Glock and suggest they send the part to a certified Glock Armorer for installation. Just an idea.

3. voyager4520

voyager4520

Glock won't send out any part that requires more than field strip to install. They sent me a magazine spring once, and they sent some slide lock springs out to owners of early production Gen4 G19's that had weak slide lock springs.

A new Glock front night sight ranges from $40-$50 from online retailers.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

If you can wait a few weeks, I'll try to pick one up for you on 4/22/12. PM me and let me know.

5. 125K9

125K9

Voyager, I'm sure that I'm just not understanding your post, but I've read and re-read it several times. Always come up with the same conclusion.....All it takes to replace a front sight IS a field strip and correct size socket. Or am I missing something?:dunno:

6. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

just send it back to glock, insist that they send you label to send it back at their expense and not yours. I really doubt it will take 4-6 weeks.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  7. Rangerwt

Rangerwt

My dealer said he would order me a replacement front sight free of charge. He said he will just give me the sight when it comes in.
    He did say he couldn't believe Glock wouldn't just send one out.

8. Rangerwt

Rangerwt

My dealer called me yesterday afternoon and told me all he could get quickly was an Ameriglo front sight. Nothing wrong with Ameriglo, but I just thought I should get a replacement Glock front sight. So I called Glock again. The guy I talked to was very helpful and asked quite a few questions. I think he was trying to see if I sounded like I knew what I was talking about. Finally he said he would put a new night sight in the mail to me and I should have it in about 10 days. I guess it pays to be persistant.