close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 23 mag with plus 2 extension

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by scottybuck, Apr 16, 2004.

1. scottybuck

scottybuck

I just installed a factory Glock extension on my FML G23 high capicity mag. I don't have my mag loader here with me, and can only force 10 rounds in the gun without it! Is this common, or did I do something wrong? Is it supposed to be this hard to load? This is the first time I've bought one of these, so any help is much appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance.

2. Rastus

Rastus

I can fit 15 in mine with or without the loader. Using the new style 7151 extension, never used the old style.

I generally use the loader because I think it makes things quite a bit easier.

Sometimes, rarely, I can only load 13-14 at first so I unload halfway and redo. This takes care of it.

3. Medpilot 2

Medpilot 2 Smkumifyagotum

4. U1121

U1121

scotty:
    Is the extension the G7151? If so, there is an insert that can fail to properly seat inside the extension after the extension slides onto the magazine and locks into place. If this insert is "hung up" it may be preventing the magazine from accepting the appropriate number of rounds. You may try to seat the insert using the GLOCK tool, a 3/32" punch, or anything small enough in diameter to fit through the hole in the bottom of the extension.
    Another cause could be that the insert is in backwards, preventing it from seating.
    Hope this helps. Sorry if these possibilities have already been ruled out.
    U1121

5. scottybuck

scottybuck

U1121, you were right on about the insert not seating properly. I tried to get that thing right 4 or 5 times. After I was good and pissed, I forced the extension on the mag, and it worked. After the second try I recognized the problem, but was still having trouble getting it to seat correctly. Oh well, problem solved, and 15 rounds will go in with ease. Thanks to all who responded!
    Scott

6. AZG23

AZG23

7. Medpilot 2

Medpilot 2 Smkumifyagotum

Not the best looking, but it does the job.
    [​IMG]

8. AZG23

AZG23

thanks..it looks like it makes the OAL longer than the older style...again.thanks for the pic