Glock Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a glock 23 and I took it shooting today. It jammed repeatedly. I switched magazines and it kept jamming. After looking into more as the slide comes back it is catching on something but i can’t figure out what it is. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to Glock Talk.

Please share a little more info with us.

What Gen, what ammo, purchased new or used, and did this problem just start.
I’ve had it 6 years bought new and never had a jam until today. It’s my cc gun. It was the same time target ammo I have used a bunch of times before. And just racking the slide I can feel it catching on something so I don’t think it’s ammo.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Sounds like you might have a recoil spring that isn't properly seated. Might do a basic field strip and then make sure the recoil spring is seated properly against the barrel lug. The spring should be parallel with the barrel, and will angle by itself correctly when the slide is charged.

If this doesn't work, ensure nothing is jamming the extractor. You might even have a chipped extractor claw so check the claw (take the extractor out if you can and visually inspect it).

It's likely a mechanical issue if the jams popped up out of nowhere, rather than something being out of spec.

·
Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
11,052 Posts
I have a glock 23 and I took it shooting today. It jammed repeatedly. I switched magazines and it kept jamming. After looking into more as the slide comes back it is catching on something but i can’t figure out what it is. Any ideas?
Actually temperature and humidity can affect marginal ammo. I suspect your target ammo is underpowered, try carry ammo and see if the same result exists.

Ps. I understand your ammo did work, but things DO change.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Not sure what you mean by jamming. Is it FTF? Detail strip is never a bad idea but first I would check the slide rails on the frame, the slide tracks and replace the recoil spring. Also look at the bottom (center) rail on the slide that loads the next round for any imperfections, excessive wear or pock marks. The two times I have had a Glock start to show FTF's or stovepipes after performing reliably for years, I sent the firearms back to Glock and both times the diagnosis was a cracked frame. As others have said, a new magazine or two is also a good idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.