Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new G23 for EDC, and ordered some Ameriglo sights to install. Any suggestions on other good upgrades for parts? I really like Glock barrels, but am not too sure about triggers, slide lock extensions, etc. to make the gun smoother over all. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Ammo, lots and lots of ammo. Shooting will smooth the trigger out, it's better than polishing because you actually train while doing it. I haven't found the polishing motion to be relevant to improved shooting skills :animlol:

Glock's are one of those pistols that "upgrades" (other than sights) rarely upgrade the gun. If it's a Gen4 the extended magazine catches aren't bad. Best thing to do though is shoot a lot and master the gun/skills. You'll know a lot more about your personal preferences then.

Reactions: APERS and slamdunc

·
Old timer
15,105 Posts
Extended mag catch, and a case or two of .40 S&W - GTG.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I'll second the extended mag catch. I can't get to the stock mag release without shifting the gun in my hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I haven't had much issues with the mag catch, but I'm not doing a lot of speed reloads at my little gun range. Someone suggested an extended slide catch, I'm looking to get a Vickers Tactical slide stop, I've heard people rave about them. Any experience with good after market slide stops?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Other than changing the factory sights, I'd go with it as is. Not a big fan of Glock sights,
but they work.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The Gen 4 mag catch is good to go. The Lone Wolf extended slide release is not costly - it's like $15 with shipping. It makes a good addition. Europeans learn the "slingshot" method of slide release. I learned with a 1911 and I need the extended release.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts