close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 23 gen 3 failure to feed issues

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Goldencobra, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Goldencobra

Goldencobra

Just purchased a new g23 gen 3 and I am having failure to feed issues, I also want to mention I am not new to firearms or the .40 s&w round this is a firearm or magazine issue, it seems to happen at least 1-2 times out of a mag, I have tried wwb, federal, magtech and blazer brass. Is the something I need to know about the g23? Any help would be greatly appreciated

[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2. 1911-Glock

1911-Glock

I'm just curious..what are the first 3 of the SN? I know some glocks with certain alphabetical prefixes can be prone to issues. If you do not feel comfortable posting that info online Google it.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

3. 1911-Glock

1911-Glock

..never mind I can see it says "bath".. try a different magazine If no luck send it back to glock.

4. Goldencobra

Goldencobra

BAT

5. Goldencobra

Goldencobra

I went out this evening and purchased a gen 4 mag, I'm going to give it a shot

6. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I would start by looking closely at the extractor.

If there is any dirt, soot, etc. clean it throughly. It is spring loaded, so try sliding a round into its position in the breech face. The extractor should pivot as the case is slid into position under it, if something is jammed in the plunger channel, the extractor may not pivot freely. Disassembly of the slide and meticulous cleaning of the plunger channel, firing pin safety plunger and its channel, extractor and its slot, everything in that area.

Also I would disassemble amd clean the magazine, assure the followers and riding smoothly by thumbing out a full magazine at least with each.

Just off the top of my head.

7. 1911-Glock

1911-Glock

Maybe try a different follower

8. Grouse

Grouse

I had persistent failures to feed with my G23.3 a couple of years ago. After trying to remedy all the common causes unsuccessfully, I ended up replacing the trigger/trigger bar, trigger housing and connector. This immediately corrected the issue......It's been perfect with over 1,200 rounds since. The only thing that seemed to have a visible issue was a burr on the connector.

But.... first, I'd shoot it some more, leave the magazines loaded, check magazines, tight extractor, etc. Try see where this brings you. Just don't waste your time if the obvious doesn't fix it.

9. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Is this what happens when you're shooting, or when you're loading? The 23 is generally an awesome firearm, so if this is going on when shooting, I'd look at the recoil rod/spring and inspect the feed ramp. You have several options, find a Glock armorer and have him take a look, call Glock and see about sending it back for some corrective action, or, and some will poo poo this idea, polish the feed ramp and shoot the tar out of it. Good Luck and good shooting.

DocPoison, jonb32248 and Goldencobra like this.
  10. Goldencobra

Goldencobra

Here is a list of things I have tried, first off I tried multiple ammo brands, then I did a complete disassembly and cleaning and proper lubrication the entire gun, was still there so I disassembled both of the magazines the gun came with and cleaned them, problem is still there, so I went home and did a complete disassembly and polishing of the gun and it definitely got better but 2 failure to feed out of six mags is too much for me so on my way home I purchased a Gen 4 magazine and that's where I'm at right now hopefully I can get out again in the morning and try the mag

11. 1911-Glock

1911-Glock

Since you are having the problem you are having I would not carry until you had 500 malf free rounds.

12. Goldencobra

Goldencobra

It only happens when I'm shooting the gun if I manually cycle it slow or fast it is smooth as butter no Hang-Ups at all

13. 1911-Glock

1911-Glock

Hmm..strange

14. 1911-Glock

1911-Glock

Okay cycle it slow and look at how the round feeds into the chamber. Does it run into the top of the inside of the chamber hard or does it pop right in.?

15. Goldencobra

Goldencobra

When I cycle it slowly the round goes in the chamber very nice when I look at the gun after FTF it looks like it's at too much of an upward angle

16. 1911-Glock

1911-Glock

How many mags does this happen with and is it more prominent in one mag than the other?

17. Goldencobra

Goldencobra

It happens with both of the mags the gun came with, I don't know much about the markings but they both say 1636 - 04 and the new mag I bought tonight that I haven't tried just says Austria 2, I think it's a gen 4

18. 1911-Glock

1911-Glock

That is the follower number

19. Goldencobra

Goldencobra

10 on the old mags 9 on the new

20. 1911-Glock

1911-Glock

Hmm..