Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know were i can get a gen 3 glock 23 frame. I currently have the gen 2. Thanks:wavey:

·
Nagant-ophile
1,517 Posts
For a fee, Glock will replace your Gen2 frame with a Gen3 frame - I'm not sure how much it costs or how long it takes, though. You might want to call them to find that out.

You could also post on the trader and see if there is someone that has a Gen3 that they want to swap. Some people (like me) don't care for the Gen3 Compact frames...

·
HOOYA DEEPSEA
4,285 Posts
Does anyone know were i can get a gen 3 glock 23 frame. I currently have the gen 2. Thanks:wavey:
Why do you want to do this?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cause i have handled the 3rd gen and like the grip better

·
HOOYA DEEPSEA
4,285 Posts
Cause i have handled the 3rd gen and like the grip better
Because the frame IS the firearm as far as the serial number is concerned I think you're going to run into some issues here.

I did ship my 23 back to Glock for a new frame because my frame old broke and had to be replaced. The old frame was destroyed, the gun shipped back to me with the old slide and barrel under the NEW SERIAL number as I understand it.

You might be better off purchasing a new gun and selling the old. Just an opinion.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in nc im going to call glock monday. I bought it from another person so its not in my name.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Check your email!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts