Glock 23 Endurance Test

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DonB, Apr 7, 2005.

1. DonB

DonB

I know Chuck Taylor has torture tested the G17, but has anyone done a similar test on the G22 or G23? I'm interested to see how well they hold up compared to the nines.

2. G-Bone

G-Bone the 29 is fine

The Glock "tuff test" has been done a hundred times by a hundred differnt people. Glocks are tuff, there a militant weapon.

If you want a tuff gun that is very accurate, dependable and affordable, by a Glock. If you are looking for something else out of our firearm buy anything else. ;)

Good Luck !! :)

3. G23inAZ

G23inAZ

AMEN!!!!!!

4. Duke of Lawnchair

Duke of Lawnchair

Glock endurance?

It's been done before and people continue to take their Glocks to the limits.

About the most insane "endurance" test I have read to date is bigbore's (AR15.com) Glock 21 rape.

-Jim

5. Ghost-1

Ghost-1

Yeah I have been following his test that he has been doing.

6. paccw

paccw ARE YOU READY !

I know of no G23 test .

7. Will Miller

Will Miller

they did one heck of a test in the Patooma GLOCK digest.even shot it with a .22 ran it thru a cement mixed,haammered nails and all kinds of other stuff

8. Ghost-1

Ghost-1

You wouldn't happen to have a link for it would you. I would like to see that.;f

9. dragbike mike

dragbike mike

ptooma productions lists their website as www.ptooma.com

Yes, their endurance test makes for excellent reading. My favorite part is when they soak the G23 in a sodium hydroxide solution for 15 minutes, after which the stuff eats the bottom out of the aluminum tray that they were using to submerge the gun in!

This book is a worthwhile addition to any Glock owner's library. Official title is "The Complete Glock Reference Guide". Cost is $29.95. Found my copy at a local gun show.

10. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 JABRONI

Here's a beaten G23

[​IMG]

11. dragbike mike

dragbike mike

Thanks to SDGlock23 for posting the above pic. It is the end result of the ptooma productions G23 endurance test. Don't let appearances deceive you, however. Despite it's sorry *ss looks, that bad boy is still capable of defending your life and that of your loved ones -as proven in the final stage of the test where the gun put 10 shots into a 2-1/2" X 2-1/2" group at 7 yards!

The ability of a Glock to function after taking severe abuse isn't legendary - it's a proven fact.

12. paccw

paccw ARE YOU READY !

What made the hole in the slide...acid?

13. Venator

Venator non serviam

That was the result of 10 rounds of AMerican Eagle high velocity .22 LR hollow points at 7 yards fired from a Ruger 10/22 rifle.

14. GMAN40

GMAN40 OIF Vet. 04-05

AMEN BROTHER !!!!;c

15. Jetboy

Jetboy

My instructor has a 35 that he only uses at the range. At the start of each class, he removes the magazine, locks open the slide, and pours dirt and sand into every opening on the gun. I get a kick out of watching the new students' faces. Then he will just shake out the excess sand and run the course with it for the whole day. Some times the trigger feels really crunchy. He has been doing this since before I started with him, and I've been with him several months. He NEVER cleans it, and so far we have not had so much as a hiccupp.
    Just wanted to share.

16. kinsco

kinsco

Jetboy, how many rounds he got thru it?

17. kinsco

kinsco

Anybody have a link for the AR15 torture test/rape?

18. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

I found this:

"Durability - I have heard claims that Glocks have launched as many as 300,000 rounds from a single pistol without a failure. I've never seen any documentation which would substantiate these claims, and I remain a bit skeptical about it. I'd like to see the gun, the round, and the test conditions. The FBI tests did document 50,000 rounds through the Glock .40 S&W without a breakdown, and that's an impressive performance. The original Army endurance test for the 1911 was 6,000 rounds. A well-built 1911 can be expected to have a service life of 150,000 rounds, although a part may break here or there during its lifetime. Only time will tell if the first Glocks will still be serviceable seventy five years from now. We know that many of the early 1911's are still functional and greatly desired by collectors."

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/other/Glock_vs_1911.htm

19. jobob

jobob

I saw that particular G23. Even held it in my sweaty paws at a gun show in Spokane last year. It was at the Lone Wolf Distributor's table. Good folks there. You can get the book at their website, too.

I carry a G23 daily, both on and off duty. Can't think of a better carry gun. I've put about 4,000 rounds through my duty gun without a hickup, though I did recently replace the extractor. It had a chip out of the lower edge and I didn't want to take chances, so replaced it even though it had never caused a malfunction. I did see one G23 (another officer's) which quit extracting the empties at a qualification. It had a boken extractor, which is what motivated me to replace mine before it became a problem.

I was also told by a Glock rep that the recoil spring on the G23 needs to be replaced more frequently than other Glocks. Apparently the G23 is pretty tough on parts due to high slide velocity. It still rocks!

20. spcwes

spcwes

Got a Glock 19 that may reach 150,000 rounds this year. I have not been counting as much lately since it got to the 100,000 mark. I sent it in to have it serviced and it was and Glock sent it back with a clean bill. Very nice.