Glock Talk banner

glock 23 during ban magazine?

964 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Koba
recently purchased a fairly old glock 23 (gen 3) and i noticed the first mag of the set at the top reads "restriction, LE/government only" im sure it was made during the ban and probably belonged to an officer of some sort but can anyone give me some more insight as to when this mag might have been made?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· INFRINGED
42,158 Posts
As Kirgi said, it was a post ban magazine that was restricted to LEO/MILITARY. With the sunset of the AWB in 2004, it became a legal magazine to own. Just not in ******* states that kept the ban.

That magazine could be original to the gun if it were originally a blue label gun. I'm not sure when the Gen three guns came out.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha no thanks, but it was funny having my uneducated friend think it belonged to a CIA operative lmao thanks guys, I'm thinking it might be original to the gun..but not 100% on exactly when the gen 3's came out, guess I can go and use the good ole interweb to find that out lol

· In the STL
3,766 Posts
Look up the serial # for the born on date in the serial # research project thread... or if you have it, the little envelope with the spent test fire cases....it will be dated.

· Federal Member
30,584 Posts
Haha no thanks, but it was funny having my uneducated friend think it belonged to a CIA operative lmao thanks guys, I'm thinking it might be original to the gun..but not 100% on exactly when the gen 3's came out, guess I can go and use the good ole interweb to find that out lol
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287557

What are the first letters of the serial number?

:cool:

· INFRINGED
42,158 Posts
I just picked up a used 19 from 1998 and it came with one of those as well. All signs point to it being a LE gun, but it's hard to say
It's hard to say without the gun being marked, or the gun being a blue label gun.

If one were to look very hard at some of my Glocks, they would find LEO magazines. After the ban, CDNN was selling used magazines for 7.99. Anyone in a free state could have purchased them.

· Registered
1,752 Posts
It has the wear you'd expect from a le gun, all guesses though. Minimal shooting wear, a fair bit of holster wear. I got it with one mag and a cardboard box so I'll never know for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.