Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how a stock Glock 23 fares at GSSF competitions? I keep hearing many negative things...

·
Registered
13,433 Posts
what have you heard bad about them? lot of shooters use them and 19s. i used one for several years and loved that size frame. only moved to a g22 after st.paul a few years back when the g23 got near to hot to hold after shooting a couples of classes back to back on the plates. i've shot 500s at indoor GSSF matches with one.

·
Registered
10,100 Posts
Can anyone tell me how a stock Glock 23 fares at GSSF competitions? I keep hearing many negative things...

ON WHO YOU GOT TO SHOOT IT FOR YOU.:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the replies. What I had heard was that I would be out of my mind to use my Glock 23 and should have bought a Glock 17 or 19. I use the Glock 23 to carry off-duty and figured it was good to use the same. Others have told me it didn't matter what I used as long as it was pretty much stock.

Thank you all again...

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
If you want to use the G23 in competition, go a head and shoot it. It's legal for everything but Sub Compact and Major Sub Compact. Some use G19s, which is the 9mm equivalent of it. As Ed said, he used to use one. Shoot what feels comfortable to you, the same as with the sights. What is your comfortable gun to shoot. You're the one going to shoot it. If it's right for you, then you can do your best with it. I use the gun that fits me and is the most comfortable, which is a G17. I shoot my best with it. If someone shoots a G22 or a G30, that's right for them. It's like a car or anything - it's comfortable for you. Go, shoot you G23 and have fun. No matter what caliber you choose, you'll have fun, you'll meet a lot of great people who will become your friends, you'll laugh, you'll get mad at yourself, you'll be proud of yourself, you'll find great tips from shooters and ROs willing to share their knowledge, you'll have access to a Glock Armour to fix you gun for free and, I will remind you with this warning - YOU MAY BECOME ADDICTED TO THIS SPORT SO BE ADVISED! I don't know where you hail from, but you can come to Marietta this weekend and have a great time.

·
just me
8,179 Posts
gssf with a 23 did it for 4 years till i went to put a 9mm in a .40 then it was all over now it all 9mm :embarassed:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts