close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock .22LR

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Islander1, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Islander1

Islander1

You'd think Glock would have several .22 LR models. I'd think they would sell a boat load of them.

2. Facejackets

Facejackets

Not thier business model.

3. itstime

itstime

The next in line is a G40. In .22. Get it?

4. G30Mike

G30Mike Say When!

Glock Foty? I'm the only one in this room professional enough!!

5. Osborne

Osborne

Im not going to lie like everyone else saying no, I would buy one.

6. BigDog40

BigDog40

I might buy two!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  7. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

I get it. However, you are hopelessly misinformed. The G40 will actually be the long-awaited compact version of the Glock 7.

8. Warhammer28

Warhammer28

I'd rather have the .380 version

9. trackstar55

trackstar55

I think they would sell a lot of them. Departments would buy them to train with since the cost of ammo is out of this world. I am an LEO and we barely shoot because of the price of ammo. Aftermarket stuff scares the brass/upper command.....but a factory supported Glock would grab their attention.

I would personally buy two of them.

I am not interested in the aftermarket stuff.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  10. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Probably. Probably not in Gaston Glock's lifetime. He's methodical and deliberate. Maybe when his daughter inherits the company.

I have a 22 LR conversion by Advantage Arms.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_64b2-sJn0&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Advantage Arms 22LR Conversion for Glock 23 - YouTube[/ame]

I enjoy it.

11. mdsn969

mdsn969

I actually shoot my AA Kit ALOT more than my 9mm configuration. I can shoot for about 6 cents vs 20 cents a round...

12. Spartan24

Spartan24

Even Sig produces a .22 kit for their pistols. I wonder if Glock just hasn't found a design, all their own, that they would be satisfied with putting their name on...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. vafish

vafish

A .22 lr glock wouldn't have enough points to be imported.

Now that glock makes frames in symrna that shouldn't be a problem.

But gaston never has been good at listening to gt.

14. Glock Holliday

Glock Holliday

I would buy a .22LR Glock pistol.... centerfire ammo is getting kinda expensive.

15. Ghost Tracker

Ghost Tracker

Most of us view what GLOCK should or shouldn't build through our unique perspective as American handgunners, yet GLOCK is a European-based, international corporation. I don't know what percentage of their total sales are in the U.S. (I suspect it's +50%?) but it's large-volume Military & Police contracts that are GLOCK's traditional cash-cows. Yes, we'd like to see them make a .22 (and a carbine, and a single-stack 9mm, and a...) because we value the models they DO produce. But the GLOCK decision-makers have been very wise so far (except the .45 GAP) in maintaining strong profitability & excellent products, that's a tough mix. Ask S&W or Ruger. The .22 GLOCK is best addressed by AA because GLOCK doesn't think the ROI is strong enough.

16. glock_collector

glock_collector

OMG... can you imagine the FTF whining and the brass in my baby soft face threads we would have if we had acess to Glock 22 cal. models, you would find me swinging from the garage rafters with a smile on my face cause I would be outta my misery...

17. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

.22lr would be a problematic round based on the glock design and tolerance, so maybe that is why they dont want to touch it..........imagine the problems they are having just moving to a gen4, so their customer service department will have to expand like ten folds to service returns.

you can easily buy a .22lr conversion kit.

.22 is not a good caliber to learn recoil control. when u shoot a .22, then u use a different stance and dont need to lean forward. I can rapid shoot a .22 from 25 yds and end up scoring a 100 most of the time. When shooting a 9mm or .40, you have to have propper fundamentals (stance, grip, etc.). Only thing .22 will help u learn is maybe sight picture and draws and malfunction drills. You can learn sight picture and draws with a laser. You can learn malfunction drills with snap caps. The .22 caliber is not the best thing to learn to shoot 9mm or .40 accurately. Basically, its just throwing sparks downrange. Better off getting a airsoft or pellet gun.

18. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

You beat me to it.

Yes, Glock can't even sell the .380 gun they DO make here in the US because of our import laws... a .22 would have even less "import points".

It's a no-win for them.

19. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap

A .22 would be a bit of an engineering challenge for sure, if they wanted to keep the overall lines of, say, a G17.

But with a lightened slide {internally, to keep the exterior profile} and using the full length grip for max capacity of ammo, this would be a super pistol.

Let's face it; the biggest challenge to shooting a Glock is mastering the trigger. This gun would help in that regard immensely and might even have application in military or police circles to some degree because of it as well. Regardless, it would make for a DEMAND pistol in the USA. I think they would sell a boat load of them.

As mentioned above, ammo costs are indeed becoming an issue. For 20 years or so they were not. Case lots, cheap, and handloading made ammo the least of anyone's worries. But now and with inflation barking at the door in the future, the .22 may indeed come back into its own.

For myself, I would absolutely pour the bullets thru a Glock .22. It would probably see more range time than any pistol I own. And on the trail. Would love to see a 17/.22 or a 19/.22.

20. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Ah, the Glock 25/28...all the size and weight of the 23/27 and 19/26 but without a better caliber.