Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to make my next glock purchase and I am leaning towards the 22.
I have been seeing alot of posts on other forums and on the net people talking abuout 40s&w glocks going kboom, how many cases do we really know about this happening? Would you guys still say it's safe to get the 22? Is there really alot of this happening with the glock's in 40s&w right now? :upeyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am about to make my next glock purchase and I am leaning towards the 22.
I have been seeing alot of posts on other forums and on the net people talking abuout 40s&w glocks going kboom, how many cases do we really know about this happening? Would you guys still say it's safe to get the 22? Is there really alot of this happening with the glock's in 40s&w right now? :upeyes:
I carry a G22 daily and have not had a single issue with it, I have had mine for 3 years now. It was the 1st glock I purchased.

The problems have been from using improper ammunition, I use factory ammo and have not had a single issue.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Internet hysteria... don't be a victim! Those kabooms you have read about have most often occured with poor reloads or defective factory ammo, conditions which can destroy ANY firearm. The G22 is the single most popular sidearm among law enforcement agencies for a reason. It's reliable, accurate and easy to use/maintain.

I own three .40cal GLOCKS with thousands of rounds through each of them. None of them has "kaboom'd".

Don't be a victim of internet hysteria.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was issued and carried an older, Gen 2 G22 for eight years, and I put well over 6000 rnds through it without issue.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
No real world endemic reliability or safety issues. Very unsafe on the internet though. As long as you buy a real one and not an internet one, you're good to go. :cop:

·
Registered
939 Posts
I own 4 .40's, including the G22. Nearly everything you hear is nothing more than GLOCK-bashing from ignorant people, or those with an agenda...especially those on "thegunzone.com".

There may have been...and I stress the word "may"...a bit less support in very early .40 barrels, but anything recent (the last several years) is totally safe. Even with the old ones, it was almost all bad reloads or faulty ammo that would have caused any problems. And even then it would not have caused a K-boom...at most, a case failure.

Lastly, any gun can K-boom under the right conditions, and all guns have done so at one time or another. The only reason you might hear about GLOCKs doing it slightly more is that there are far more GLOCKs out there than any other brand.

Bottom line: don't let the GLOCK-haters get to you...get the G22! :thumbsup:

·
20,407 Posts
The FBI fired 20,000 rounds through each of six Glocks during testing in 1998 before adopting them. That's 120,000 rounds of full power service ammo and no KB's. Good enough for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I kinda figured it was pure Internet hype. I have only read about a couple of kb's on this site, I figured if there was alot we would have seen about it here now its time to shop around for the 22

·
Registered
215 Posts
Bought a G22 at the end of January. Have about 2500 rounds through it without an issue. I've shot from 3 meters to 33 meters accurately. The 22 does rock!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts