glock 22

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by magnumtagem, Oct 29, 2005.

1. magnumtagem

magnumtagem

Hello im new here first post,i bought a glock 22 40sw. I was reading up on it and somewhere i read that they donnt have a fully supported case is this true. Iam especially interested in this because i might reload my own for it. ;4

2. rddiehl

rddiehl

no they do not have a fully supported chamber. just don't make up any hot rod loads and make sure you use jacketed bullets. lead bullets are not good for glocks, because of the hexagonal rifling. i reload and have 5 glocks (3 .40's and 2 45acp's) and have had no problems. you'll love that glock 22. i love mine!

3. magnumtagem

magnumtagem

would any one have a load sugestion for the g22 40 if so i would apreciate it. i reload for my 300 win mag and that is about all ive done i do have my huntin partner who has reloaded pistols to help but he says i shouldnt reload but im lookin for alittle more than 980 with a 180 gr bullet. Oh and thanks alot for the info my partner keeps telling me they do have a fully supported case ahhhhhhh. I will use the glock for wilderness protection when bow hunting and back up the 300 mag if need be hope not lol thanks again for the responce

4. glockin101

glockin101 CCSO56

If you're not happy with the 180 grain you might want to try a 155 or 165 grain.

5. nickn

nickn

not sure on the case being supported or not, if you are looking for some great rounds try www.doubletapammo.com also I think a glock 20 would make a better back up pistol, but maybe im biased ;) I will definitely be picking up a g22 someday, I love the feel of the gun, its a little more controllable than my 20, but I shoot my 20 damn good IMO, I just like variety.

6. atmarcella

atmarcella

i would suggest doubletap .40 in 200grains:)

7. AWDTerror

AWDTerror Ass Penny

no the case is not fully supported, neither is a berreta 96, springfield xd, and a lot of other .40s

8. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker Former Member