close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 22

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by shadow_drak_73, Feb 24, 2003.

1. shadow_drak_73

shadow_drak_73

Can anyone tell me where i can have a safety installed on a glock 22? ;d

2. the_ruiner

the_ruiner Über Lurker

3. Guest

Is something wrong with the 3 already installed by the factory?? ;Q

4. shadow_drak_73

shadow_drak_73

the only safety on mine is an empty chamber...i want a manual safety, not passive

5. Guest

Dang, hoss, you must have a broke one!

Best safety, of course, is between your ears....

If the Glock system scares you, you might consider trading it in on a 1911 or similar. ;Q

Good luck

6. shadow_drak_73

shadow_drak_73

not about to trade in my glock. i traded a browning hi-power to get it. i just feel more comfortable with a manual safety, one i know is engaged.

7. Guest

Look, not to flame ya, but if you have a proper holster and a good dose of common sense, you don't need an external safety! It's like wearing a raincoat in the shower. I sorta felt the same way when I went from carrying a 1911 C&L to a G 22, but, I feel just as comfortable with either one fully loaded & 1 in the pipe.

An external safety on a Glock is a solution to a problem that does not exist.

Good luck.

Steve

8. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Same here not picking but keep your finger off the trigger till your ready to shoot, Think of it as a dubble action or for that matter a wheel gun, Juat MO I could be wrong.

9. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Not to flame or anything but a safety is a mechanical device that can fail at anytime. Altering the Glock's excellent safety could cause more problems down the road when relying on the new external safety. But in actuality...the only safety you need is between the ears and your finger. Don't allow anything into the trigger gaurd until ready to fire. But goodluck anyways. :) ;I

10. YAMAMA

YAMAMA Got Glock?

If you feel you need a safety then by all means put one on.

On a side note: Did anyone read the Unintentional discharge article on the Cominolli site?

http://www.cominolli.com/postnews2.pdf

Thoes folks who UD'd should be put on some sort of probation or stuck unarmed at a desk job.

There is a sentense in the article that states, "If you have a brain fade and pull the trigger, it won't go bang," (with the safety installed). An officer with BRAIN FADE should NOT be armed!!!

Another sentense: "With training, officers not accustomed to turning off a manual safety can make it a habit." Why can't the officers make it a habit to keep their fingers off of the trigger if they can make it a habbit to use a safety. Don't all guns have a trigger?

;2 Now hear this! YAMAMA says, "Use yer noggin and avoid a floggin!"

11. shadow_drak_73

shadow_drak_73

thanks for the info and the opinions. i'm still debating on the safety. as for "the only safety you need is betwen your ears"...
    i treat every firearm the same, as it's loaded, even when i know it's not. that and paying attention to my surroundings is why i've never had and 'accident' or UD.

this is simply the first gun i've owned without a amnual safety on it. Once again, thanks for the input.