glock 22

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Bigworm74, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Bigworm74

Bigworm74

ok i got this glock about thanksgiving time and i think it was an leo trade in i have put a thousand rounds through it with no problems but yesterday when i got back from the range and was cleaning it i noticed that the front sight is loose and i think its time for new sights. So should i send it back to glock or should i just take it to a gunsmith. I was thinking sending it back to glock to have them go over it. Also what sites do you guys recomend.

2. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

Sights are fairly easy to install. I prefer Meprolight and have done them myself with no trouble.

3. ironman23

ironman23 Member

I have trijicon on both my glocks. I got em put on at a gunsmith that did it for me for free.

4. picturethis

picturethis

Depends on how old the gun is. If it's had a long life and been fired many times I would send it to Glock to get looked over. If it is in good or like new condition I would just have a gunsmith install the sights.

5. Bigworm74

Bigworm74

see thats the thing this gun was made in like 93 and was an leo trade in so i have no idea of the round count that the gun has

6. up1911fan

up1911fan

Most police gun's are carried a lot and shot a little. Is it functioning ok? Site's aren't hard to install.

7. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I'd send it to Glock and go with the Trijicons. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't upgrade something on it for free for you.