Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Original "G"
661 Posts
I have yet to document a US G22 with Austrian proof marks. Do you have a prefix range for these?

·
1,970 Posts
Well, it depends on how "documented" you consider "documented." I know I've seen them, though I've never owned one and do not possess any pics of one. Here is a snip from the Glock Serial Number Research thread. (Again, this is non-verified information provided voluntarily, so again, it depends on how documented you want to be. Open sources like this can be wrong/inaccurate.) I've highlighted all G-22s in Blue, unless the person who provided the information clearly stated that there ARE austrian proofs, in which case, I've highlighted them in Red:

MO - G-22 - - 2nd Gen.
MP - G-17 - April 1990 - 2nd Gen. - falls under 6 part firing pin upgrade
MR - G-17 - April 1990 - 2nd Gen.
MS - G-17 - April 1990
MT - G-17 - April 1990
MV - G-17 - April 1990 - 2nd Gen. - #77 engraved bottom of trigger guard, purchased refurbished by GLOCK
MY - G-19 - April 1990 - 2nd Gen.
MZ - G-19 - May 1990 - 2nd Gen.
NA - G-17L - March 1990 - 2nd Gen. - has Austrian markings
NB - G-19 - - 2nd Gen.
NC - G-22 - May 1990 - 2nd Gen. - First G-22s (no 2nd locking block pin)
ND - G-23 - May 1990 - 2nd Gen. - First G-23s
NF - G-19 - May 1990 - 2nd Gen.
NL - G-19 - November 1990
NM - G-22 - July 1990 - 2nd Gen.
NP - G-22 - - 2nd Gen. - From Glock ad circa 1992 (NP000US)

NS - G-17 - May 1990
NV - G-17 - June 1990
NX - G-17 - June 1990 - 2nd Gen. - "US" suffix
NY - G-22 - July 1990 - 2nd Gen.
NZ - G-22 - July 1990 - 2nd Gen. - so new to market, packed in a G-17 box
NZ - G-22 - July 1990 - - replacement frame "G" ser#

PD - G-17L - June 1990 - 2nd Gen. - no serial plate on grip
PE - G-22 - August 1990
PF - G-23 - - 2nd Gen.
PJ - G-17R - - 3rd Gen. - red training
PJ - G-22P - January 2006 - 3rd Gen. - red training
PJ - G-22P - - 3rd Gen. - shot show demo

PN - G-19 - October 1990 - 2nd Gen. - Boston PD
PT - G-17 - September 1990 - 2nd Gen.
PU - G-17 - October 1990
PX - G-23 - September 1990 - 2nd Gen.
RA - G-23 - October 1990 - 2nd Gen. - has Austrian markings
RE - G-22 - September 1990
RH - G-22 - September 1990 - 2nd Gen.
RL - G-22 - September 1990 - 2nd Gen.

RN - G-23 - October 1990 - 2nd Gen. - has Austrian markings
RP - G-23 - October 1990 - 2nd Gen.
RR - G-23 - October 1990
RS - G-23 - October 1990 - 2nd Gen. - .40 on slide, .40 on side of chamber
RU - G-22 - October 1990 - 1st/2nd Gen. - Austrian markings an slide
RW - G-22 - November 1990 - 2nd Gen. - Also has US. No Austrian markings
RX - G-22 - November 1990 - 2nd Gen. - has Austrian markings
RZ - G-23 - December 1990 - 2nd Gen.
Note that there was no information on proof markings provided by many of the owners; however, there is documentation of about where the Austrian proofs ended, and presumably, all or most of the G-22s prior to that date had them. Also note that a couple of reported G-23 runs had the proofs early on.

So, based on this, I'll stick my neck out and say there's probably around 10,000 G-22s with Austrian proofs in America...

·
Registered
685 Posts

·
Original "G"
661 Posts
Well, it depends on how "documented" you consider "documented." I know I've seen them, though I've never owned one and do not possess any pics of one. Here is a snip from the Glock Serial Number Research thread. (Again, this is non-verified information provided voluntarily, so again, it depends on how documented you want to be. Open sources like this can be wrong/inaccurate.) I've highlighted all G-22s in Blue, unless the person who provided the information clearly stated that there ARE austrian proofs, in which case, I've highlighted them in Red:

Note that there was no information on proof markings provided by many of the owners; however, there is documentation of about where the Austrian proofs ended, and presumably, all or most of the G-22s prior to that date had them. Also note that a couple of reported G-23 runs had the proofs early on.

So, based on this, I'll stick my neck out and say there's probably around 10,000 G-22s with Austrian proofs in America...
I appreciate your help, but your estimate is off. Firstly, the reported Rx prefix G22s may not be US destined ones. Secondly, Glock stopped proofing US bound guns well before the G22s appeared. I have tried for some time now to find a US bound Austrian proofed G22. I have come to the conclusion that they don't exist. At least in the XX-prefix range.

Now, the surge Glocks are a different story.....

·
Original "G"
661 Posts

·
1,970 Posts
I appreciate your help, but your estimate is off. Firstly, the reported Rx prefix G22s may not be US destined ones. Secondly, Glock stopped proofing US bound guns well before the G22s appeared. I have tried for some time now to find a US bound Austrian proofed G22. I have come to the conclusion that they don't exist. At least in the XX-prefix range.

Now, the surge Glocks are a different story.....
Well, possibly, but I'd find that hard to believe too. When the 40S&W was new, it was a US-only product by-and-large. There was no market for the 40 overseas anywhere; at least not enough to divert an entire or partial serial number block (anywhere from 300 to 1000 pistols), for at least a year or two.

With several blocks of serial numbers in the Mx, Nx, and Px range, I'm thinking there is at least 10,000 of them. I was the fellow that started the Glock Serial Number Research Project and kept it going for the first few years until Danny took it over (God love him! :wavey: ), and I know when I was running it, we added categories of useful information as they became of interest.

For an extremely applicable example, take that we did not ask about whether your glock you were submitting info. on had Austrian Proofs or not until an interested collector suggested it. Then, some people did and some people didn't provide that information with their serial number and "born-on" date. That means that many blocks of serial numbers have Austrian proofs, but they're not documented on the list, and potentially vice-versa.

I find it oddly illogical that you would assert that these do not exist based on the very undocumented and unscientific assertion that you have been looking for one for years and not seen any. That's less valid than the assertion that many serial blocks of G-22s were documented in a time period when Austrian proofing was going on with other models of similar vintage AND two examples of serial blocks in submitted information from different sources provide that they have proofed G-22s... Obviously, you've just not been looking in the right place. :)

Not attacking, just saying...

You know, astronomers have looked for planets for decades, but until very recently no proof existed, but there they are, all the same...

·
Original "G"
661 Posts
I owned G22 with the serial number PE389US and it was not Austrian proofed. I currently own a G23 with a RS-prefix - it also is not Austrian proofed.

I have found several Nx-prefix G22s on auction and at shows that were not Austrian proofed. In fact I submitted NP000US and it was also not Austrian proofed.

I cannot say for the Mx-prefix G22s as I have never seen one in person or in pictures.

I am not taking your argument as an attack, but your claim that my hypothesis is illogical based on my first person research versus your "thinking" is laughable. I have evidence that G22s in the serial ranges (save the Mx-prefix) that you assert "should" have proofs do not. At the beginning of my quest, I would have agreed that Austrian proofed G22s were a possibility. I now will only believe that they exist when I am shown proof.

I do have hope that a few exist, but it is not much hope.....

·
1,970 Posts
Well, in light of this new information that your research has consisted of actually owning them, and not merely browsing around, I see your point and stand corrected. As I said above, the Glock Serial Number Research Project is not definitive and suffers from the self-reported nature of the information (or lack thereof...).

If your research has been that extensive and all-encompasing, I humbly bow to your opinion.

·
Original "G"
661 Posts
Yes, my research is extensive, but not all encompassing. As I stated, I have not seen a Mx-prefix and that may be the "missing link".

Believe me, I wish there were proofed xx-prefix G22s - I'd have another variation to own!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hello Glockers, I have been reading all the stuff about the serial numbers on the Glock 22. I have posted pictures on the original post at the top of the page and a link to date a Glock. My serial numbers are LVGXXX AOY with Austrian proof marks. I have found that my 22 was born on 12/07 LOL. So please check out the pics. and the PDF doc. that I have posted. I think this info. may help with all this drama about the age of your Glocks. And other firearms you may need to date.

P.S. I posted this to get help from the ones that I thought would know best. But as you can see I got no help from any Glocker, But a friend spent some time on this matter and found this Forensics major's Study on firearms. (says for illegal firearms, but can attain to anyones firearm) So I hope this info. helps out any other new Glockers.

http://fsjournal.cpu.edu.tw/content/vol3.no.1/01.pdf

Go to page 6 on the PDF file and that is were you can find the info to date your GLOCK.

Anthony

·
Original "G"
661 Posts
Hello Glockers, I have been reading all the stuff about the serial numbers on the Glock 22. I have posted pictures on the original post at the top of the page and a link to date a Glock. My serial numbers are LVGXXX AOY with Austrian proof marks. I have found that my 22 was born on 12/07 LOL. So please check out the pics. and the PDF doc. that I have posted. I think this info. may help with all this drama about the age of your Glocks. And other firearms you may need to date.

P.S. I posted this to get help from the ones that I thought would know best. But as you can see I got no help from any Glocker, But a friend spent some time on this matter and found this Forensics major's Study on firearms. (says for illegal firearms, but can attain to anyones firearm) So I hope this info. helps out any other new Glockers.

http://fsjournal.cpu.edu.tw/content/vol3.no.1/01.pdf

Go to page 6 on the PDF file and that is were you can find the info to date your GLOCK.

Anthony
His kung-fu is weak, even for a Ph. D. Our discussion here goes way beyond whatever Hsien-Hui Meng would understand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts