Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I currently have a glock 22 with the x300 and it fails to feed quite frequently. Without the light, the reliability is decent (1 out of 100). I'm sure it's not limp wristing either. There has been thousands of rounds through the firearm though. Do you think getting +10% magazine springs or a new recoil spring will solve the problem? Any others with similar situations? Thank you in advance.

·
Just sayin'
4,639 Posts
If you still have the instructions for your SureFire X300, there is a note regarding feed malfuctions with the weapon light installed on Glock pistols. There are some reccomendations:

A) Replace the magazine spring with a newer 11-coil version and follower available directly from Glock.

B) Make sure the light is installed/mounted correctly and not too tightly mounted

C) Change ammo

Good luck and hope you resolve our isssues as I myself really like the new X300 on my Glock 19. I've shot my Glock 19 with the X300 installed (about 300 rounds) with no issues.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Count the coils in your magazine springs. GLOCK recently upgraded the mag springs to 11 coils after reports of G22's malfunctioning occasionally with lights attached. 11 coil mag springs reportedly fix the problem.

·
NRA Life Member
65,628 Posts
Hi,

I currently have a glock 22 with the x300 and it fails to feed quite frequently. Without the light, the reliability is decent (1 out of 100). I'm sure it's not limp wristing either. There has been thousands of rounds through the firearm though. Do you think getting +10% magazine springs or a new recoil spring will solve the problem? Any others with similar situations? Thank you in advance.
It does it with and without the light? How do you know it isn't limpwristing?

·
5 Times A Day
1,923 Posts
Ive heard the extra coil isn't 100%. Seems to help with some guns, but not with others. Its really sad u cant use the gun the way it was intended.

No issues with my G19 and TLR-1.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive read all the reports of problems, im using the same setup and its been reliable thus far. Couple questions for you. What gen. is the G22 your running? Have you checked the mags to see what springs and followers they have? Im interested so i know if im just lucky or what??

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
What is an X300? Btw, 1 in 100 rounds jamming in a gun, you consider that acceptable? I'd have no confidence in a carry gun if it jammed up on me once, I guess I believe in Mr. Murphy coming at the worst possible time. Btw, sorry to hear you are having problems, hope you work out the kinks.

·
12,970 Posts
Don't blame it on me! :)

Yes, G22s and attached lights are a known problem with a known cure. :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
A) Replace the magazine spring with a newer 11-coil version and follower available directly from Glock.

B) Make sure the light is installed/mounted correctly and not too tightly mounted

C) Change ammo
+1 Good advice

·
Cold Infidel
820 Posts
I have a 21sf, and I have put somewhere around 1000rnds in it with a TLR-1 attached to it. No probs whatsoever. Knock on polymer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Its a well know problem among L.E.O.'s. My dept switched to the 11 coil spring the #8 follower and the TLR1 light. All fixed. The glocks frame flexes and bends during recoil (ever seen that slow mo on youtube of the full auto... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ToCK4C7ig ) when the light is attached this makes the frame more rigid thus causing some malfunctions. Also ditch the cheap ammo with flat sides.

HTH

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Can the 11 coil springs be used in G23 mags?

My 23 fails to load with G22 mags that have the 11 coil spring. I guess I can try Wolff extra power springs as well.

For me this happens with Remington, WWB and Speer Lawman.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
At what point in the mags are these malfunctions happening?

what cap. mags are they?
In the case of my failures in the 23, I never noted the exact round, but never the 1st round (I don't think ever the 2nd round), and never the last round. In 1 mag full of Remington UMC (yes, I know) I had 3-4 failures. With other ammo, never more than 1 failure in a mag.

I see failures in the 13 round g23 mags, and the 15 round g22 mags.

·
5 Times A Day
1,923 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts