Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stiffy
7,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watching Crisis Point on Tru tv? Cop just shot oi out with a BG armed with an AK47. The cop wins ...:supergrin:

·
Banned
6,920 Posts
:upeyes: I'm trying to recall who taught me this - Chuck Taylor, maybe? It's possible to use a pistol in order to beat a man armed with a rifle. Has something to do with being the first one to take advantage of the, 'time and opportunity continuum.'

(You can't use any weapon, successfully, that you haven't been given ample chance to properly setup or display!) ;)

·
12,970 Posts
I know a SSgt (Bronze Star winner) who successfully shot it out with an AK-armed opponent with nothing but an M9 full of FMJ.

He was lucky, as well as good, but he really should have had an M4. Nothing he could have done about it at the time (since rectified). 15 rounds fired on his side, six hits, one of which took the rifle out of play.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I read a story about an unarmed civilian American in Viet Nam who used a wounded Marine Officers 1911a1 to kill 3 Viet Cong who were armed with rifles (I don't recall if they had AK's or SKS's.) He fired 4 shots at close range and killed all 3. I guess he had the drop on them. He said that afterward he kept & carried the .45 and also obtained an M-14.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts