Glock 22 Takedown-Reasembly Problem

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bherman, Aug 6, 2005.

1. bherman

bherman

I just purchased a Glock 22 factory refurb yesterday from my local dealer in MA. As some of you might be aware, Glocks are not on the "Mass Approved Roster List", but guns previously registered in Ma prior to 10/21/98 are legal. So, I couldn't buy new. This one however looks 98%. Anyway, I'm not new to Glock. I've owned a couple and have shot/stripped down several.

I proceeded to remove the slide utilizing the process outlined in the manual. I wanted to clean/lube the gun prior to taking it to the range. I followed this procedure:

1.) Removed the magazine, (no round chambered)
    2.) Gun was in the 'fired' position
    3.) Pulled the slide back 2-3mm, 1/10" etc.
    4.) Grasped the serrated takedown lever and gently pushed the slide forward.

Everything was fine from there. I cleaned and lubed the G22. When trying to reattach the slide, I gently proceeded to guide the slide back onto the rails. When it reached the rear position, (just before it would normally snap in and engage), it binds or just stops there. I cannot re-attach the slide. I also noticed that the serrated takedown lever moves from the upper-most position to the halfway position just at the point where it binds.

Now, here's the kicker...If I move the lever that causes the trigger to move from the fired too ready position, the bind goes away and I can then re-attach the slide. This believe that this is incorrect though, as the trigger should still remain in the fired position.

Am I doing something wrong? I really don't think so. I do want to mention that I can re-attach the slide using the above-referenced procedure maybe 2 in 10 times.

What should i do? ;g

2. Jim 42

Jim 42

Did you buy at FS guns in Woburn ? if so take it there on Fri have Jimmy look at it. I think it is normal.

3. bherman

bherman

Yes I did, and I'll go back there if I can't resolve it myself. It's a 'hike' to get there. Thx

4. T. Harless

T. Harless

Magazine in the gun? Make sure the recoil spring assembly is in the half moon cutout. There is no take down lever. It's your Slide Lock.

5. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

I'm kind of confused by your description but it sounds like your recoil spring/guide rod is not properly seated in the 'half moon' cut out in the barrel.

6. bherman

bherman

Magazine is out, recoil spring is/was in the half-moon cutout. I can only put the slide back on about 40% of the time. If I move the lever inside the frame to push the trigger forward, (ready position), the slide will go back on 100% of the time. Thx

7. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

Trigger bar hanging up on the firing pin safety for one reason or another?

8. Denny

Denny

Once you have pulled the slide back you have to pull the rigger to release it.

9. bherman

bherman

The trigger has already been placed in the 'fired' position. The gun is uncocked. I can remove the slide, but it binds when I try to put it back on. Brad