Glock 22 Slide Lock - Hard to hit, thumb slides along it.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jayfarm, Jun 11, 2005.

1. jayfarm

jayfarm Grumpy Gun Nut

I've got a Glock 22 which is my first glock. I must say so far I'm loving it, and soon will start to get it's companions to add to my safe.

My only complaint is that it's hard to hit the slide lock with my thumb, as compared to several other pistols of mine. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible, or prudent, to try to bend the slide lock out a little to give more of an angled surface.

As it sits right now it's nearly vertical next to the frame in the little recess.

Thoughts? Good idea? Bad Idea? Just preference?

Jay

2. unclebob

unclebob DFC, MSM, 13 Air Medals.

Get an extened slide release.

3. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

or use it as it was intended... as a slide stop lever ;)

4. boze2043

boze2043

Go to the gun parts and access. on this site. I have seen the extended slide stop levers for sale there before at a good price. I have one on my G31C and I will never go back to the stock lever. I think I paid $17 for it.

5. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

Just for fun, I tried bending a spare slide release once. The metal is too hard, it just snapped off. Heating it up might work, but then you will make the metal too soft to hold your slide back. Try a factory extended one if you are going to release your slide this way, but hold on to the old one. Some shooters have problems with their thumb rubbing on the raised portion of the extended release thus causing the pistol to lock open prematurely.

6. jayfarm

jayfarm Grumpy Gun Nut

Thanks everyone - I've found that this one has 'broken' in a little bit after a good cleaning so I think I'm going to be able to leave it.

The reason I release my slide like that is for pin shoots and such. It's much faster on the reload than actually touching the slide.

Jay