Glock 22 RTF VS my MP40

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Larry V, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Larry V

Larry V

I took my Glock 22 RTF and MP40 to the range today.The results were very surprising to say the least. Alot of people bash MP's but I have to say that it was a pleasure to shoot. It was far more accurate and and had far less recoil then the 22. I even put it up against my Gen4 22 and the results were the same. I am going to consider carrying the MP alot more due to these results. Anyone else have this happen with these 2 guns?

2. JBP55

JBP55

I bought an M&P 9 shortly after they came out and I shot it better than any semi auto I owned with the exception of a Sig 229 in .357 Sig. A friend who was shooting his Kimber tried my M&P and shot a better group with the M&P. Go figure.

Just thought I would add, the M&P did have a great trigger job done by Dan Burwell.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010

3. Apprentice

Apprentice

Good to find what works best for you. I tried a M&P Pro (9mm) side by side with my Gen 4 G17 for 2400 rounds and kept the 17. The Pro shot great but the curvy sensuous grip squirmed more in fast handling than the gnarly 2x4 Glock and the M&P front sight rose more in recoil (I presumed due to higher bore axis). I personally didn't object to the M&P trigger some bash. I didn't keep it, but S&W definitely has a winner in the M&P. I may well own another one of these days.

These are good days for great pistols.

4. Dawolf

Dawolf

I made a similar comparison at the range with my G19 and a Walther P99. I think the trigger on the QA P99 made most of the difference. Once you stage the P99 trigger it was more accurate than the G19, but decock the Walther and shoot DA, the Glock does much better

5. Larry V

Larry V

They Sure are. To the point when I go in my safe , what do I grab. Glock, Smith HK Sig Walther, colt. Its makin me nuts lol

6. Larry V

Larry V

I have a p99 with the AS trigger. I love it!!

7. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

I've pretty much tried and/or owned them all. When it comes to polymer my favorites by far are the Steyr M9A1 and Walther P99.