Glock 22 Rd .40 S&W Magazine For .357 Sig. ?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by Dom Pastore, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Dom Pastore

Dom Pastore dpast32

Hi Guys, I've finally managed to get my G-22 / G-31 'Conversion' all ready to go. Just to be safe, I even went & ordered 4 Factory G31 Magazines to ensure there wouldn't be any feeding issues. [ Even though numerous people have assured me that there wouldn't be if using regular .40 S&W Magazines. ] One Magazine related issue still has me somewhat concerned though, & I'm hoping someone here might be able to assist me in determining if it is indeed 'an issue' in the first place ? I want to use one of the Glock 22 Round .40 S&W Magazine's intended for the G-22. Some folks may say to just use them 'as is', & that might be correct ? But, with me being me, I need to test them for function prior to use. ©>>> MY QUESTION IS; Should I install each with Factory .357 Sig Followers, along with perhaps a corresponding 'Magazine Floor Plate Insert' ? As I already have 4, 15 Rd .357 Sig Magazines, I'll only want to set up 2 or so of the Extended, 22 Rd types, but like everything else I use, I want to be sure that they'll function properly if needed. As always, any & all replies will be very much appreciated. THANK YOU Guys,

Best, dpast32

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  2. Mahalo_.357sig

Mahalo_.357sig #787 Top Gun .357sig

Most times the 40 magazine with the 40 follower is sufficient. I personally change 40 followers to the latest revised 357sig follower and that is it.

3. Dom Pastore

Dom Pastore dpast32

THANKS Mahalo, I appreciate your kind reply. Since Posting this, I contacted Glock for their advice, & after checking with the Tech. Boys, they advised me that the G22 Magazine should would just fine as it is, unmodified. However, me being me, I decided to hedge my best & replace the .40 Followers with the latest .357 versions, exactly as you have done. For the very reasonable cost of new Followers, I feel it's well worth it. I've been planning to convert this 22 for a while now, but as we a all know, OEM .357 Sig barrels have been somewhat scare lately. I did finally obtain one, & thought that a 22 Rd Glock in .357 Sig would be an extremely effective 'response weapon', for select applications. Now, all I've got to do is give it a test fire to ensure its functionality. I'm afraid it's going to be a very long day at the Range, as in addition to my new G31/22, I have to test fire my new G19.5, along with an NIB Arsenal SLR-106CR in 5.56. At $25.00 an hour, it will probably end up running me at least $50, if not more. But, what good's a weapon of it hasn't been fully test fired, right ? THANKS again for your Reply, & if & when you ever run some Red through your G22, 22 Rd .357 Magazine, please drop me an update as to how they work out.

Best, dpast32

Mahalo_.357sig likes this.
  4. Mahalo_.357sig

Mahalo_.357sig #787 Top Gun .357sig

I did the same with my G22, LW Alpha Wolf 5.32" 357sig barrel, slide cut for Holoson, cerekoted tungsten and Ameriglo tall sights
    The all black is G31 all done as well

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

I use my G22 mags with my .357 sig ammo, when using my conversion barrel. The G22 mags work perfect.

:cool:

6. Brigrat

Brigrat Question Everything

I have about 15 G22 mags, old mags seem to work fine with 357, the newer G22 mags cause the 357 to nose dive even while loading... that is including the current 22 round G22 mags. The latest 357 mags have 5 marked followers and are priced cheap at Primary Arms and ship quick. If it were me... I would replace the followers in any 40 mag with 4 or 5 marked 357 followers if I were using the weapon for anything other than range use. There is clearly a difference between the followers as you can easily get 16 rounds of 357 in a 40 mag with a 40 follower but only 15 rounds with the 357 follower.

7. Dom Pastore

Dom Pastore dpast32

THANKS Brigrat, I appreciate your Reply. Yes, I decided that for price of .357 Followers, it would be crazy to not to insert them. [ Just in my .357 dedicated Mags only of course. ] Funny thing is that I did fit with Glock's Technical people, & their response was that the 22 Rd .40 Magazines should function just fine as is. I even advised them that this was an defensive weapon, where reliability was paramount !! It just again confirms the fact of having to verify things for yourself.

Best, dpast32