close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Glock 22 Question (Re price)

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by TarGuard, Aug 10, 2003.

1. TarGuard

TarGuard

I was hoping someone more knowledgeable on the subject than myself might be able to help me determine a fair price for a Glock 22. Before I advertise mine, I need an idea of the approximate value. I would rate the condition as very good, but not new. It was my former duty service weapon that I obtained a couple of years ago when the agency I work for replaced all issued with new models. The slide is engraved "South Carolina Highway Patrol" and there will be 3 15 round mags included in the sale. Thanks in advance to anyone that might provide assistance.

2. grenadier

grenadier

That depends on what the magazines are.

If they are unmarked (except for the Glock logo), then you could ask for $350 for the gun, and $65 for each magazine. What kind of sights are on it?

If the magazines are marked "Restricted: LE and Gov't Use Only" or something similar, then the best you could do is sell the gun for $350.00 to someone. Each of the magazines could be sold to a law enforcement person for 15 bucks each.

3. TarGuard

TarGuard

The mags are marked "Restricted". The night sights are functional. I appreciate the info as I'm pretty clueless in the area of approximate values.

4. Opie

Opie Misanthropist Millennium Member

With the restricted mags that really narrows your market down to LEOs. Considering most L.E. can purchase new G22 w/NS for around $470 I would say the above price is pretty close $375-400 is my best guess.

5. grenadier

grenadier

I am in agreement with Opie. If you sell it to a law enforcement officer, then 375-400 is reasonable.

Otherwise, to a civilian, you'd have to maybe buy some 10 round postban mags to get that amount.