close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 22 purchase

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ggr_glock22, Dec 23, 2002.

1. ggr_glock22

ggr_glock22

Hi! I'm a new member and this is my first post.
    I'm just days away from my first Glock purchase. I've decided on the Glock 22. I like the .45 round, but only in a Springfield Armory 1911. But if we were all rich, we'd have all the weapons we want. For home defense, shooting, accuracy and reliability - I believe I've made the right choice on the G22. I don't care for the lighter, higher speed ballistics of the 9mm (and .357 SIG for that matter), so the .40 S&W makes a logical choice.
    I've fired a .45 before, but never a .40 or 9mm. What can I expect?
    I've handled both the G22 and G23, and favor the larger frame G22.

Also, what are your takes on the ported vs. unported. My theory is 'If it ain't broke, don't put holes in it.' Now granted, I have a Smith & Wesson Performance Center 629 Hunter (Not that ugly green one that they're putting out now) Its ported, but its also a .44 Magnum with a 6" barrel.
    I excited about the Glock. Its cold in Pennsylvania right now (and snowy), so I may not get to the range right away . . . . But I can't wait!

2. djkost

djkost

Hey if your happy with it great. I own a 22 unported. To me the ported just makes more noise. Also its snowy and cold here but I still get to the range once a week. :)

3. GQMedic

GQMedic Glock-n-roll

Firstly,

Allow me to congratulate you on choose the G22. It's my primary carry weapon, I find it plenty light, easy to conciel, plenty of firepower whenever you need it and easy as pie to use. Point, squeeze, BANG!

Now, for the porting issue. Why would you want to put holes in an already PERFECT weapon? Leave perfection as it is.

-Dennis

4. tsadawg71

tsadawg71

An unported 22 is all you need, all those ports will do is reduce the recoil a tad and burn you if you ever have to fire from the hip, and in a low light situation you'll blind yourself and give yourself away in hurry.

5. Valkryman

Valkryman

Hey ggr, I see your from NE,PA. I'm from the NW. Erie. Bought my G22 awhile ago. Have had .45's, 9mm's, and 38 Supers, but love my G22. You can't go wrong. Carry it everyday. You'll really enjoy it if you take the time to get used to it and really become intimate with it. Good shooting and most of all, HAVE FUN!!

6. MarineG23

MarineG23 Patriot

Congrats on the purchase!!!

Ported....fuggedaboudit...just get night sights.

7. wayne5plus1

wayne5plus1 Marketing Guy

excellent choice...buy 2 two of them...you will be happy!