close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 22 preban mag problem

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CyberGlock, Oct 21, 2002.

1. CyberGlock

CyberGlock

I bought one of those glock 22 15 rd drop free preban mags off of Kieslers. When I load it up full capacity 15+1 and put it in, I notice a knocking noise when I move the gun around. And also the mag dosen't seem to slide in and out as smoothly as my other mags that came with the gun. Is there any problems or is it ok? Whats going on with it?

2. REFLEX

REFLEX

Is it a FML mag or a NFML mag? What generation? If it was a NFML mag it wouldn't drop free like the 10 rounders. It should drop free when empty though, but not all of them do.The rattling noise is common for some mags, i have some that do it as well.

3. CyberGlock

CyberGlock

i don't know what generation it is but it is a fml.

4. REFLEX

REFLEX

look for any nicks and burrs that might be causing the problem. If you still can't figure it out, I would send the mag into Glock, assuming the mag body isn't damaged, they should take care of it no charge.

5. jgladieux

jgladieux Sniper Kitty

downloading by one or 2 rounds and see if you still hear the knocking, some mags when loaded to full capacity leaves a rnd loose inside, usually no problem just the nature of the beast..

6. 940glocktime

940glocktime member

i can hear bullets rattling around in both of my nfml g22 mags when fully loaded>>.

7. 21 shooter

21 shooter

Sometimes the spring will collapse and get in a bind. I had a G21 mag do this recently. Changed the spring and the rattle went away.

8. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

I have a a couple of FML mags that won't drop free when empty from my G35, and a couple that exhibit the same problem in my 34 and 17. Glock said it could be a manufacturing discrepancy, and I just don't use those in competition.

But, I've found a solution to that problem. I loaded some dummy rounds, and fill a 1st gen NFML mag full, and store my competition guns (34 and 35) with the "dummy" mags. Now my "problem" mags drop free when full or empty.

9. Sean Foran

Sean Foran Millennium Member

If you really want your mags to shoot out of the gun heres a little trick. Keep in your range bag a ziplog bag containing a small rag moistened with armorall, when a mag starts giving you problems give it a wipedown with the armorall rag and then wipe it with a clean rag. Works wonders for me just make sure you dont COAT the mag, a little dab will do ya.