close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 22 mag followers

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AZG23, Jan 2, 2005.

1. AZG23

AZG23

I just picked up a full cap 22 mag at Scottsdale Gun club here in AZ...its brand new...and has a follower Ive never seen...the full cap G23 mags I have are all 5's...but this one has 6. Has anyone seen these..they seem to point the rounds "UP" more than the 5;s do.

2. Made Man

Made Man Glock-o-holic

My hicaps just have #5 followers. Does the different #'s mean a different bullet angle?

3. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

From another thread that I did a search for, cuz I was curious too....

Don't know if its 'correct', but makes sense anyhow.

4. AZG23

AZG23

Interesting..Ive NEVER had a problem with the 5 followers...wonder what warranted the change...

5. Daddybro

Daddybro Irish

I have both styles, and I have noticed the brand new followers actually shoot the mag out of the gun when the slide is locked back. The #5's let the mag fall out by gravity when at slidelock.

Pat Brophy

6. Guest

I was the one who had posted a message last week regarding G22 hi-caps with # 5 and # 6 followers in them. Function wise, I still don't know why there are two different # followers, there must be some reason to improve function of feeding or other reason for Glock to change them.

The only difference I can see as I wrote in my previous post, was that the mags with the # 6 followers would NOT allow me to release the slide forward using the slide release lever onto an empty mag with my G23. This does work as normal with my G35, but the function is much more stiffer than if I use one of the hi-caps with a # 5 follower (also in the G35).

Feeding function seems to be the same from both types of mags in both of my two guns. I did notice also with mine though that the mags with the # 6 followers did seem to eject when empty with a little more "spring" to them too. Maybe as you noticed also, this is the big difference and the reason for the change?

There must be someone here who is a Glock armorer who can tell us the difference?

Hope this helps -

Eric

7. roydamnmercer

roydamnmercer

With these "new" ones, I also noticed that the slide does not slap forward when the new mag is inserted. With my 10 rounders and my pre-ban 15, the slight smack of the new mag being inserted would release the slide and chamber a round...not anymore!...I for one do not like having different magazines having such differing effects on my carry pistol. I guess I need to find which I like best and then eliminate th others so I am standardized?!?

roy d

8. AZG23

AZG23

My 10 rounders would do this too...as well as my 13 rounders...maybe its time to order some new followers and springs and do an overhaul. They still work perfectly..but I hate that when it drops the slide while tapping the mag on a reload.

9. Made Man

Made Man Glock-o-holic

that sounds like good plan AZG23, i don't like the way the slide loads itself when reloading a mag. I've started to just barely push the mag in until i hear(feel) it click so it won't load itself.