Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be in the market for a conversion kit - depends on the other half's OK...a;]ll my Glocks are Gen 3 & lower...started looking at some conversion units and learned some will fit Gen 3 & 2 some will fit only Gen 4. I have a Gen 2 G21, a soon to be mine Gen 3 LEO trade in G19, Gen 3 G30, Gen 3 G35 (with 9mm and .357 SIG conversion bbls...I'd like to find used (but not ABused) kits...who has the best prices and availability of both new and/or used conversion kits...Thanx in advance...

CB in FL

·
Registered
988 Posts
For the cost involved, I would just get a new Advantage Arms kit and be done with it. I purchased mine when they were hard to find and expensive. Cheapest I found was: http://www.cmcgov.com/Shop-By-Brand/ADVANTAGE-ARMS/

I have fired thousands of rounds through mine and love it. What a way to shoot boxes of rounds without breaking the bank, OR teaching new shooters proper safety and control without unwanted recoil.

I recommend.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I agree on the Advantage Arms Kit I have had mine over 10 years. At first I was shooting 200-250 rounds per week with it.
Now on average 100 per week.
That's still a lot of rounds. I use it to teach kids and women that might be bothered by recoil, and loud noise.
At the time I bought mine it was the only kit that would lock back the slide when empty.
For my money it is the best Kit on the market.

Reactions: sixgun2

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I have a 26/27 AA kit along with several other AA kits and the 26/27 kit is not as picky about ammo as my others are .
The 26/27 kit has worked great with all the different ammo I have tried in it .

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Check with Advantage about the Kit fitting gen 3&4 Unless it is marked for 4 .
Most of the others are marked for Gen 4
Or Fits Gens 1, 2, & 3
I don't know about the G-26, & G-27
If you pull up the website for AA you can get a phone number, or will be able to send an E-Mail.
They are very nice people and will answer any questions you may have.
I sent them an E-mail the other day to ask about a conversion for Glocks for the 22TCMR from Armscore, at this time they have no plans for it.

·
Private side
11,932 Posts
I had an AA and once I found out which ammo it lied, it ran fine, I sold it and bought a TacSol kit because a) I wanted the heavier slide and b) it has the threaded barrel I needed.
Either way you should be fine.

·
Millennium Number 1143
1,716 Posts
I have not had these run 100% but it's a cheap way to get trigger time and see the result vs pure dry fire.

·
Banned
2,243 Posts
The first kit I bought was a G19 AA kit. I've used it on several Gen2 and Gen3 guns with no issues. Then I bought a AA G17 kit and found a G17 Gen2 frame for cheap, so now I have a dedicated .22lr GLOCK. I wish someone made flush fit hi-cap mags for them.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I have the AA kit, and it has been contrary on my G17.3. I forget which rounds it liked (prolly CCI), but during the Great .22 Drought I got away from it and haven't gone back. I need to.
Moon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts