close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 22 jams on last round

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Code33, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Code33

Code33

So, I purchased a Glock 22 several years ago from a friend just before the magazine ban took effect (in California). It was new or dang near new and came with two 15-round magazines. I bought a third mag from a local store a few weeks later. It sat in a safe for several years now. The mags have been stored empty. The problem I have is that it fails to feed the last round on any of the three magazines. I've used factory ammo and reloads but it seems to always do it. This G22 is the pre-finger grove model and pre rail version.

Any ideas?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Yes, replace the magazine springs.

3. jlw_84

jlw_84 General Glocker

Ditto

4. Code33

Code33

Wow. Really? Even though the mags have done nothing but sit empty for a few years? Are the stock springs that bad? Guess I'll have to order some from Wolff...

5. Clark

Clark

The thing that is different about the last round is that is when the mag follower pushes up against the hold open spring and wins.

Only in your case, not a complete win.

Low cost experiment:
    Put two of your wimpy mag springs [interwound] in the same magazine, and it will hold one round less, but I bet it will stop jamming on the last round. This experiment will not make it easy to load the magazine.

6. Code33

Code33

I ordered a set of Wolff +10% springs but I'm pretty disappointed. The mags are new. They've been fully loaded about five times and have never sat with all 15 in them. I've heard stories that you can't leave them loaded for more than a few months but is it really this bad? I'm talking three new mags here.

7. dizzy4545

dizzy4545

replace the mag springs.I had a mag that did that i replaced the spring and it worked perfect.

8. Code33

Code33

Does Glock have any recommended replacement time on springs if fully loaded for a period?

9. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

You purchased a used pistol with used magazines. Just replace the springs. Factory springs seem to last longer than Wolff springs. The magazine springs are at least 10-1/2 years old.

10. Code33

Code33

Technically used pistol but never had more than 100 rounds fired through it. Third magazine purchased brand new and filled maybe four times and never left loaded.

I guess the mag springs are old but I've never had problems with any other OEM mag springs yet except in this 22.

Must be my bad luck.

What kind of life should I expect from the Wolff springs?