close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 22 issue/problem.......

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by colt_sniper, Aug 15, 2006.

1. colt_sniper

colt_sniper

I recently noticed on my glock 22, that sometimes when you nudge the slide back a little , like when reholstering it in a tight holster, the slide moves back very little, an stays there, but once you drop the muzzle towards the ground, it "slides back into battery...

My main concern is , that this could casue me to fire a round with the slide not properly locked into battery.....and casue a possible ...KA BOOM!

Any ideas on what the problem could be???

NOTE* it only does this when there is a round in the chamber, with a full - partial mag inserted.... all factory parts , except for the night sights.... no other tinkering or mods done to it....

Any thoughts??? ot tips on what to check?

thanks!
    COLT!

2. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

I expect you wouldn't be the first to notice this sort of thing, when holstering in particular. The beauty is that the muzzle is dropped toward the ground when holstered and even further, the opposite force occurs when UNholstering or drawing the gun. The holster kind of grabs the slide slightly and practically guarantees battery upon exit. Basically all I would look for in this case is that you have a good, strong recoil spring installed and that the weapon is properly cleaned and lubed so the slide moves in either direction as freely as possible during normal use.