Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a G22 gen 4 with fact glock nite sites came with 3 mags . shot maybe 400 rounds with no problems its a PHX prefix . My recoil spring has no numbers on the rod assembley is there an update with theseI see some are 8694 upgrade or 7577 should I get a upgrade recoil spring and keep this for a spare???????????

·
20,412 Posts
You do not need an upgrade spring. Yours has been tested to 25,000 rounds.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked and my slide does not have the recess and the spring has no numbers at all Iam looking right now and see no recess like the photo why no number on my springs

·
Glock-a-holic
466 Posts
I looked and my slide does not have the recess and the spring has no numbers at all Iam looking right now and see no recess like the photo why no number on my springs
Because with the first batch there was only one spring and that was the 0-1-1 (8694) spring. Later on when Glock started making different springs they started coding them.

So you are ok!

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you do not have the recess on your slide, you should have the 0-1-1 spring.

Will it go “bang” without the 0-1-1 spring? - yes.

The 0-1-1 spring will keep the guide rod centered in the nose ring. It will stop the spring coils from being jammed in the slide. It will keep the guide rod straight when dissembled vs an 1/2 inch off the lug - or flying out of the firearm completely when you disassemble.

All things the recess normally does.

Call Glock and they will hook you up.

Why glock doesn't get in touch with the people selling these guns with old "configurations" is beyond me. Why are they letting their customers figure this out on their own? BS if you ask me. I like my Glock - but this does not impress me at all. Glock - own up, fix it - and get this over-with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I'm sufficiently confused to the point that I'm no longer considering the purchase of a G22 gen4.

Way to go Glock, you've succeeded in alienating a previously happy, 20-year customer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a redesign of the recoil spring for the Glock 22 Gen 4. All you have to do is call Glock and they will send you a new one with no questions asked. In my opinion that is owning up and providing a solution to the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts