close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 22 Gen 4 Conversion To 9mm

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JoeInKS, Jan 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. JoeInKS

JoeInKS

I believe that I have read somewhere that the new Generation 4 models do not have something that the previous generations have that allow for the use of 9mm conversion barrels. Does someone know for sure whether the existing conversions can be used with the new Gen 4 Model 22?

Also, I am interested in learning from folks who have done this conversion with their current models what, other than the barrel and magazine, needs to be changed out in order to shoot the 9mm successfully.

Thanks

2. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

?
    Hope not.
    If so, I will just go with 9mm !

3. voyager4520

voyager4520

Other than the barrel and magazine, all you need is 9mm luger ammo. You can change the extractor claw and trigger housing w/ejector, but there's no point to doing so because the conversion is only meant for range use, not to be 100% reliable. If you want a 100% reliable 9mm Glock, buy a 9mm Glock. Besides, changing the trigger housing every time you convert between calibers is impractical because if you push the trigger housing pin in and out of the frame too much the hole in the frame for the pin will widen and the pin will begin to walk out of the hole on its own during firing.

The Gen4 doesn't have any conversion barrels available for it yet because it's so new. The previous barrel design is not compatible with Gen4 Glocks, and the only 9mm conversion barrels on the market at the moment work with the previous barrel design. The Gen4 barrel design requires use of a Gen4 recoil assembly and frame. Basically the only reason you can't convert it *yet* is because no one has made an aftermarket conversion barrel for it *yet*.

Edit: Forgot, you can change the spring loaded bearing to a 9mm one too.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

Misinformation.

See post #184

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1162141&page=8