Glock Talk banner

Glock 22 gen 2 serial number ?

3880 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  jcm3
I have a Glock 22 gen 2. I've looked in several places, but can't find my serial # in any of them, and can't get the serial number decoded. The SN is YD101 US.
Any help?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· troy ounce gold
1,708 Posts
I have a Glock 22 gen 2. I've looked in several places, but can't find my serial # in any of them, and can't get the serial number decoded. The SN is YD101 US.
Any help?
Likely a 1991 gun. Is there a 3 letter code to the right of the Serial # YD101 on the barrel? If it does, it is the barrel date code of when the barrel/gun was test fired in Austria. Use the below info to decode:
The 3 letters represent the barrel test fire date code:

The first letter is for the month:
E...Jan
L...Feb
N...Mar
B...Apr
S...May
Z...Jun
G...Jul
P...Aug
I...Sep
C...Oct
V...Nov
A...Dec

The last two letters are for the year:
O...0
W...1
K...2
R...3
F...4
M...5
H...6
Y...7
T...8
D...9

Let us know what you find out using the above.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Likely a 1991 gun. Is there a 3 letter code to the right of the Serial # YD101 on the barrel? If it does, it is the barrel date code of when the barrel/gun was test fired in Austria. Use the below info to decode:
The 3 letters represent the barrel test fire date code:

The first letter is for the month:
E...Jan
L...Feb
N...Mar
B...Apr
S...May
Z...Jun
G...Jul
P...Aug
I...Sep
C...Oct
V...Nov
A...Dec

The last two letters are for the year:
O...0
W...1
K...2
R...3
F...4
M...5
H...6
Y...7
T...8
D...9

Let us know what you find out using the above.
There are no other markings on the barrel, except the Glock logo and a small pentagon shape (like a small house) and on top there is .40SW
There are no other marking on the slide othere than the left hand side Glock 22 Austria

· Registered
2,798 Posts
You would be looking at a replacement part number for a Glock slide. The serial number is on the frame. On a metal plate, its silver or black. It would be two letters followed by 3 numbers. Three numbers followed by 3 numbers. Or the newest 4 letters followed by 3 numbers. Theres exceptions to these serial number listings for special runs and police issues.

· Registered
903 Posts
You would be looking at a replacement part number for a Glock slide. The serial number is on the frame. On a metal plate, its silver or black. It would be two letters followed by 3 numbers. Three numbers followed by 3 numbers. Or the newest 4 letters followed by 3 numbers. Theres exceptions to these serial number listings for special runs and police issues.
Okay, It's coming together now. It has a blue label on the box, 2 LE/Govt. only, And the frame and barrel is BNH335US. What year could this be?

· G22 4 Me
7,377 Posts
I'm really having a hard time finding a date for this Gen 2 22
I had to call Glock, the info talked about what the characters mean, but mine didn't match up so I called and they gave me the date. I don't have it in front of me, but the second letter didn't have a number to match up to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.