Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few times I have fired my first gen. Glock 22, the shell casings have ejected bent almost in a "D" shape. Every other time I fired, I would have a spent round not eject properly and cause a jam. I replaced the trigger mech. with ejector, the extractor depressor plunger spring, the recoil spring, the spring loaded bearing and other parts in my pistol. The pistol fires without any malfunctions now, but still ejects bent rounds! I called Glock and asked them about it, the technician said that he had never heard of the problem, "but if the gun did not malfunction, then don't worry about it." Well...I can't help but worry about it, it is my duty weapon and has never done that before, and I am paranoid about the pistol malfunctioning when I need it the most. I had a Glock armorer suggest that I purchase new magazines, the ones I have now are not that old and still have strong springs.
Any Help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Robert

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Boris, according to his post, he already replaced the recoil spring.

A little more info would be helpful in diagnosing the problem. Is the ammo factory and has this same malfunction happened with multiple kinds of factory ammo? Does it happen with several magazines or just one? Are all the parts stock Glock?

·
20,420 Posts
First of all, there are no Generation 1 G22's. You say you replaced other parts but did not tell us which parts. You say you replaced the spring loaded bearing but did you use the correct one for the extractor in the pistol? I suggest you have a certified Glock armorer examine your pistol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Danny R.,
The Glock 22 I own is a first gen Glock 22 with no tac. rail and smooth grip, that I purchased in Feb. 1990, I have already researched it and have also been in contact with Glock in Georgia, and have confirmed the same, but they could not advise me what the problem with my pistol was unless I sent the whole thing in to them. I got on here for help with a malfunction, not to be corrected on the knowledge of the origin of my pistol. Glock advise that this was the first .40 cal. model 22 they manufactured.

I have the malfunction with all three of my current magazines, this is the third set of magazines I have used with this pistol, the magazines are less than a year old and have very tight springs still. I have used two different types of ammo and had the malfunction, PMC and Speer Gold Dot. I had a Glock Armorer replace all internal parts listed in the recommended Glock "upgrade" which is a total of 6 parts about 2 years ago, after the malfunctions started, I replaced the above listed parts, plus the extractor plunger and spring.

Thank you for any assistance, if I left anything out please let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you replace the extractor? Do you have any type of shock buff gizmo in the pistol? Does it have the corred guide rod and recoil spring?
Sounds like a wore extractor maybe. When the empty case hits the ejector the case is slipping off the extractor to soon??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Walter Mitty, I think the extractor is the only part I have not changed, everything else is pretty much new OEM parts. I'll give it a try..could not hurt anything!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts